03 - Communicative Zone (145 BPM) 
04 - Dark Arts (148 BPM) 
05 - Space Junk (147 BPM) 
06 - Primordial Soup (145 BPM) 
07 - Ultraviolett (143 BPM) 
08 - Amber Archives (143 BPM)

image.png.90df41b5dfd525f58ec949108cbee614.png

Ok it's late night so bear with me.

I don't know where to begin. I've been going through threads learning everyone's perspective on Goa music today. A lot of it the discussion comes down to originality, a sense of playfulness, and artist skill. 

Well. The folks over at Troll N' Roll records have teamed up with Ektoplazm to deliver, to you, Gubbology - Anachronism.

I won't go into individual songs as that would take far to long and I have a lot to say already. The relationship between dark psy and forest has always been apparent. While I've noticed aspects of it in some goa releases it's never the defining feature. No more, Gubbology has shown how beautiful the two, three, four?? genres can dance around in a twisted display of respect for one another. Gubbology keeps each aspect away from one another until like a magician he brings them all together in beautiful climax's. For that reason I can't really say that we should label it into a genre as it's just Gubbology's unique take one psytrance. 

Every song bounces around playfully, going from light happy energetic dance floor destroyers to deeper darker twisted funk. Each track is original from the last. Each track is fun. Each track is a challenge for you to keep up. If it was easy to do this I imagine I would have heard more like it before. I can't believe this is given free to us via Ektoplazm, that generosity is twisted in it's own way. Well i don't know what else to say. Can you tell I think this album is worth everyone's time. And it might not blow you away the way it has me, but i think you're all going to like this.

Regards,    
http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/gubbology-anachronism

image.png.19639a2a4384a353f71751527b9db324.png

Edit: I completely disregarded the Suomi influence up there. Oh the Suomi! I love how the suomi style of 'i'm just going to do whatever the fuck i feel like' really pays off here. I can say this album is a gateway into atleast 4 different genres. 

Would love other peoples take on it

image.png

• Like 1