Trance2MoveU

O9o6Fuc.jpg

Artist: Cryomatter

Title: Cryomatter

Label: Ektoplazm

Date: November, 2016

01 - Cryomatter - Intro (150 BPM)
02 - Cryomatter - The Collapse Of Time (150 BPM)
03 - Cybernetika - Physical Limit (135 BPM)
04 - Cybernetika - Chrono Wave (143 BPM)
05 - Cryomatter - Lunar Maze (124 BPM)
06 - Cryomatter - Reassembly (182 BPM)
07 - Xenofish - Shifted Machines (190 BPM)
08 - Xenofish - Twisted Horizon (170 BPM)
09 - Cryomatter - Cold Dark Matter (175 BPM)
10 - Cryomatter - Conversion (200 BPM)
11 - Cryomatter - Decaying Timelines (100 BPM)
12 - Cryomatter - Azure Particles (138 BPM)
13 - Cryomatter - 7-Dimensional Stasis (170 BPM)

sKHL323.gif

If you're a fan of science fiction themed psytrance then you know who these guys are.  Cybernetika (Lars Goosens) and Xenofish (Christian Becker) have pooled their considerable talents in a Reese's Peanut Butter cup team-up that should have people salivating.  Dark and cold foreshadowing a futuristic dystopia the music is Blade Runner on steroids.  It begins lightly, but it doesn't last.  With mind bending bpms they unleash a percussive onslaught that at times pushes me to my limits.  200 bpms?  That's damn near face melting levels!  Both of these guys have been quite prodigious when it comes to this type of music, but I can't help but feel that we didn't get the best they had to offer.  The music (while superb in places) felt like b-side stuff without much cohesion.  It's relentless pounding with a frenetic pace that gets really heavy.  Think...thrash metal drum n bass.  Even when the tracks weren't punishing (Chrono Wave) it wasn't that interesting.  The best bits for me were the short dark-ambient interludes as they contained the most emotion.  Tracks like Decaying Timelines.

So while I appreciate both artists, I came away from this disappointed feeling an opportunity was missed.  Now...a dark ambient album from these two...that's something I would certainly pay for.