First Contact books?

Veracohr

A thought just occurred to me that I'd to read specifically some first contact science fiction. As in: human beings meeting an alien race for the first time. Not alien invasion, but a meeting of a more congenial nature.

I'm not sure why I suddenly want such a specific story, but does anyone have a suggestion?

• 7 months later...

Your post is rather old but just in case you are still interested in such a story: try Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke. I appreciate his other books more, especially the Space Odyssey books but it's still an interesting read. If that doesn't satisfy you try this list: https://www.sfsite.com/~silverag/contact.htm

I need to see Arrival too, I'm a sucker for sci-fi... My favourites are post-apocalyptical stories but I like the genre in general. Have you seen Contact? And older Movie (1997) with Jodie Foster, it's based on the book with the same name by Carl Sagan. It's been a while since I saw it but it was pretty good, the book is still on my reading list...