1. Low Life Loser

2. Mushroom Mayhem v2.0

3. Bonestorm

4. Just One Bite

5. Incredible Legends

6. Fool Moon Remix

7. Elephant Safari

8. Good For Nothing

9. S.W.O.R.N. - Sole Survivor (Frozen Ghost Remix)

6QRHDlC.gif

"A little LSD is all I need"

Everyone knows who these guys are. RIP MCA. Their debut came out in 87 (before you guys were even a dirty thought) and man was it massive. Three white kids from Brooklyn rapping? Madness! Might as well have told the world we'd have a black president. White people back then did hair metal not hip-hop. Anyway after the huge success of License To Ill their 2nd album Paul's Boutique came out to much fanfare, but fell a little flat. Or so we thought. Turns out it was a true classic. We just weren't ready yet. So many samples, you couldn't make that album today. But it was awesome and the world seemed to appreciate it only after time had passed.

So here's Barry Wynne with his first album and I initially passed on it. Thought it was just noise. But like dem Beasties I eventually came around. This is good time, shake your ass music. It's chock full of samples that never stray into cheese territory. The music undergoes many changes keeping it fresh. As a Simpsons fanatic my favorite track is Bonestorm with its plethora of Simpson samples and twerk inducing rhythm.

SXWT6Pq.gif

But there is so much to dig into here all while dancing like crazy. Those bass lines are like MJ's moonwalk and the music undergoes so many mutations with well placed samples and huge amounts of dynamism. Funky stuff that is deep and entertaining. Pick it up.

Psyshop