LMMS on Linux

Has anyone given this a try? I've been playing with LMMS on Ubuntu for a few weeks now and it's running great! Much better than expected in fact. The interface is similar to FL Studio, and perhaps even easier to get into, especially for those who are new to DAWs. So far I don't see any limitations when using it.

I'm considering getting a MIDI keyboard (Axiom 49 MK2), so I just wanted to see if anyone has experience with MIDI and LMMS on Linux.

• Like 1

Hi there Alek! I use LMMS for everything I "produce". https://soundcloud.com/ruby_plexus

I do not have experience with setting up a MIDI keyboard, but if you have any other questions about LMMS I might be able to answer them for you. I've been using it for probably 7+ years now and have seen enormous improvements over the years. While I completely understand that for most artists LMMS is probably no where near powerful enough, I find it extremely easy to use with a good variety of samples and plugins. And of course it's free.

Also, if you are interested I would gladly share some of my project files.

• Like 2

Hi there Alek! I use LMMS for everything I "produce". https://soundcloud.com/ruby_plexus

I do not have experience with setting up a MIDI keyboard, but if you have any other questions about LMMS I might be able to answer them for you. I've been using it for probably 7+ years now and have seen enormous improvements over the years. While I completely understand that for most artists LMMS is probably no where near powerful enough, I find it extremely easy to use with a good variety of samples and plugins. And of course it's free.

It's good for starters but professionally LMMS is a copy of FL STUDIO but couldn't care less of dat shit

//Liberated by System44

Psysalsa! :D After a couple of years living in South America, I must admit I am salsaed out... but it's always nice to see people giving different forms of PsyFusion a try

Your Goa stuff is great! Very dreamy, melodic and with plenty of tasty acid... I can see myself enjoying this quite a bit on the dance floor in the morning. Project files would be more than welcome mate! I think that would be a great place for me to start and get an idea on where to go next :)

Thanks!

Hi John, your approach to combine psy and salsa sounds interesting! Good job and keep it up. :)

Here are a couple of my project files for anyone interested.

Goa Trance

Ruby Plexus - Emergent Technology

Downtempo

Ruby Plexus - Summer Rain

Both of these should be compatible using the standard samples, plugins, etc.

Hi John, your approach to combine psy and salsa sounds interesting! Good job and keep it up. :)

Thanks! I derive much pleasure from taking a highly skilled genre of music and fucking it all up.

• Like 2