Artist: Various

Title: Goa Energy

Label: Timewarp Records

Date: November, 2014

CD1

01. Travma - The Reality

02. 01-N - Teonanacatl

03. Screwloose & Lunar Dawn- Sunspots

04. Trinodia - Astral Clouds (Edit 2014)

05. Siam & Nova Fractal - Inside the Vortex

06. Cactus Arising - Transfer at the speed of light

07. Fiery Dawn - Mahakala

08. Nova Fractal - Naga

09. Somnesia - Wind Melody

CD2

01. Psysutra - OamPower

02. Lectro Spektral Daze - 25th Century Technology

03. Anumana & Nostromosis - Traveler

04. Arronax - Lightning Bolt

05. Omneon - Sirius

06. OXI - Haunted Dreams

07. GoaTree - Hide & Clap (Morphic Resonance Remix)

08. Morphic Resonance - Neutrino

09. First Man - First Sound

KgHgehy.jpg

F*ck you Yoda.

Yeah, my review game as of late has been pretty weak. I know it. But my meatball game...legendary. So I've had this album for a long time now and it just kept getting pushed farther and farther back. Kids, life, and those meatballs don't become legendary by themselves. So I apologize to Timewarp for the delay. It's not like there have been any good goa trance releases in the last six months anyway.

u8Mn5gp.jpg

Cube! Can we not get past this? You make kids movies for chrissake!

So yeah no pressure. Well Timewarp (underneath the huge umbrella that is Ovnimoon Records) has established itself as a quality goa trance label with releases like the Colors of Goa and Call of Goa series in both the CD and digital arena. So it should be no surprise that their next compilation is also 2-CD release because clearly Renato is on a personal quest to suck up all my personal time like he was a three story vacuum cleaner. That's ok, I don't mind. Could be worse I suppose. I could actually have a, you know...job.

*shudder*

I'm here to tell you that this is one of the best things to come out of Timewarp Records. 2 Cds and not one mediocre track. Sure there is a clearly defined level between the more well known and established acts and the relative newcomers, but it's not a dramatic gap. But before I give you my opinions on the standouts, I would like to voice my concern over one artist in particular.

Travma.

What the hell happened? The new stuff to my ears is not even remotely close to what he brought to the scene years ago. Night and day, might as well be full-on. Perhaps he has other interests and goa trance isn't at the top of his priority list, but his track left me wanting. Wanting to hit the skip button. *Rim shot*

After the gentle opening, we are treated to bomb after bomb with just very good to great to even outstanding goa trance. I broke Renato's balls a bit with the last 2-Cd compilation as having a lot of filler, but that ain't the case here. Trinodia's remix of Astral Clouds (already a monster track) made me sit up and take notice. Arronax and his acidic live wire Lightning Bolt was another eye opener. Fiery Dawn and Lectro Spektral Daze also put this comp on their shoulders and ran with it. Even the new"ish" projects like Omneon and 01-N impressed. But hands down the the one two punch from flavor of the month Morphic Resonance was the knockout blow. Since Astral is for all intents and purposes (loved the remixes, but let's have some new material) the walking dead, the guys from Morphic Resonance are the logical choice to rip the torch from Astral's cold, lifeless grip. With a frenzied pace melodies came fast and furious putting an exclamation point on this compilation. This was a monster dunk and you got posterized.

4Rmxtd9.gif

Damn...a brother can't even check an Ebay auction without getting dunked on.

Do not hesitate to purchase this compilation.

Psyshop

Beatspace