"V/A - Retrodelic Vibes 2"

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Retrodelic Vibes 2 (i forgot the 2 in the topic name :rolleyes: )

Tracklist:

1. Masaray - Time Traveler Of Trance

2. Doof - Let's Turn On

3. Cydonia - Shambala

4. Electric Universe - Luna Overdrive

5. Psychaos - Spatial Distortion

6. Kopfuss Resonator & Jörg - Whipbird

7. Space Tribe - The Great Spirit (Hallucinogen Rmx)

8. Tim Schuldt - Karma 209

9. Witchcraft - Witchcraft Magic

10. Man White No Name - Sly-Ed

Mastering by Avi Algranati (Space Cat)

This compilation is dedicated to Goa nostalgic fans, giving them an opportunity of collecting a combination of old underground goa tunes & classical goa anthems.

I'm not 100% fan of the tracklisting but for sure you can get wrong with Doof (Nick Barber + Simon Posford for this one) Let's Turn On, Shambala (notice here that Cydonia is composed of Dino Psaras,Steve Ronan, John Donno & Martin Freeland), Whipbird (Kopfuss Resonator=Mark Pfurtscheller + Timothy Farber; dj Jörg=Jörg Kessler from SST/SSJ), Witchcraft Magic (Whitchcraft are Itzik Levy aka Sandman, Green House Effect + Rami Shapira aka Chakra) & Sly-Ed; all these ones are brillant for me & deserve their place.

I'm more or less convinced by the collector aspect of other tunes but that will be a very different-personnal perception from all goa-freaks.

For example I never heard about Masaray before, the band is composed of Masayuli Kurihara & Ray Castle, Time Traveler Of Trance was licensed on Psy-Harmonics. The track is nice maybe just little puffing, why not.

Luna Overdrive is a 303 goa work from Boris Blenn, i just think it's not very representative of his style & furthermore not one of his best productions (i.e Astral Voyage), but nothing bad of course & it's a personnal matter of taste.

Concerning Psychaos, Spatial Distortion reminds me a lot another Joti Sidhu's tune : Dense Dawn (that results much better to my ears). I'm wondering which one did he compose the first, Spatial Distortion appears to me like just the rough work of the other.

I only dig Space Tribe sound since his 'Kickin Up some Dust remix', before that i found his goa productions mediocre. Here it is an Hallucinogen remix , so i was hoping some improvement, i got dissapointed too.

The Tim Schuldt track sum up the spirit of Retrodelic Vibes 2, the selection has been guided by a search, according to me, of mostly energic 303 eitheir goa classics or underrated underground goa stuffs. This means here some few artists not exactly appear in their traditionnal style. For Tim Schuldt the 303 lines replace his usual fat & heavy metal electric guitar riffs.

If for you all or most of these artists name doesn't still mean something , go buy it; for the goa fans it'll be better at least to make a little check before.

• 9 years later...

92Q2eVh.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Retrodelic Vibes 2

Label: Avatar Records

Date: February, 2005

1. Masaray - Time Traveler of Trance

2. Doof - Let's Turn On

3. Cydonia - Shambala

4. Electric Universe - Luna Overdrive

5. Psychaos - Spatial Distortion

6. Kopfuss Resonator & Jorg - Whipbird

7. Space Tribe - The Great Spirit (Hallucinogenic Remix)

8. Talking Souls - Karma 209

9. Witchcraft - Witchcraft Magic

10. Man With No Name - Sly-Ed

rbTDHKG.gif

Stop what you're doing right...now...and, and just...*mouth agape*

What the f*ck was I talking about?

Oh yeah, ladies...in about 1 hour...maybe two...stop what you're doing and go order this beast if you haven't already. The second installment of the Retrodelic series is pure bliss. Power, melody, and insane tracks from yesteryear. Every single one of them is a blast. How many times have you seen a brilliant lineup on paper only to come away feeling like someone pissed in your cornflakes? Well I'm here to tell you, you're cornflakes are fine. This is the real deal. Acid spirals, shrieking leads...it's all here. Like PKS wrote on Discogs you probably have a lot of these tracks already, but to have them all in one place is magic.

I cannot recommend this highly enough. And ladies...I've been a bad boy.

Psyshop

• Like 1