Bill

10941744.jpg

Hujaboy featuring Avalon & Earthling

Psy Collective Part 01

Tip Records

Tracklist:

1. Rogue Star

2. Fuck Yeah!

It's hard to believe that Nano Records once released the awesome Avalon album, "Distant Futures." Nowadays, the label is where great full-on artists go to get sterilized.

Take this year's Nano-released Beatport single "Modern Age" - a collaboration between Avalon and Symbolic - and it is ho-hum, big-room psy party club noise designed to sound like the dozens of other generic full-on tracks that will be played before the evening is up.

Take Avalon, though, and team him with the great Hujaboy and release that work on Raja Ram's legendary, we-give-a-shit-about-psytrance Tip Records and you will once again find everything great about the man behind the "Distant" masterpiece.

"Rogue Star" is dance-til-your-face-falls-off full-on with loads of energy and excitement awaiting behind classy build-ups that you can barely see coming. This one is dynamite!

The B-Side teams Hujaboy with Earthling and the result is quite good if significantly less enthralling. The Hujaboy/Avalon tag-team is a tough act to follow and "Fuck Yeah!" suffers a bit as a result. Still, the energy is prevalent and some of the effects are a lot of fun even if the "Fuck Yeah" sample of the title is a bit silly.

I like this idea of a psy collective and wonder if it will be Hujaboy teaming with friends on Part 2 or if a different variation will be used. Trust in Tip, I will, though, for they have rarely let me down in the past.

In here, unlike with their Nano counterparts, fuck yeah, there is some full-on gold inside.

It's hard to believe that Nano Records once released the awesome Avalon album, "Distant Futures." Nowadays, the label is where great full-on artists go to get sterilized.

I just discovered that red wine burns when it comes out through your nose.

I just discovered that red wine burns when it comes out through your nose.

Lol :D

It is too true though. Nano now is something I actively avoid, if I can.

Earthling has been playing a lot of sets in Goa this season and so far a few I have caught have avoided the dreaded nano curse of every track sounding the same/using the same effects/sounds etc.

Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel. Who would have thought TIP could possibly start a resurgence of any sort a few years back? :0 Im glad they are trying!

• Like 1