4. U-Man - Static

5. Fungus Funk - Space Love

6. Joti (AKA Psychaos) - Spinner

7. Parasense - Ice 9

8. Seroxat - Witching Hour

9. Dissociactive - Antricide

10. Suria - One More

Gvdf6HW.jpg

Allow me to introduce you to one of the albums that helps makeup the "throw another one on the f*cking pile" of psytrance records. Man there sure have been a lot of those. And as we approached the middle of the last decade there seemed to be an explosion of those albums that couldn't wait to get to that pile. Full-on comprises most of it, but there is a good share of darkpsy and progressive as well. Crystal Matrix is the label responsible for this brick and I don't believe they are around any longer. They will always be known to me as the ones who gave us Excession by Shift.

But this is not that. Not by a long shot. It's full of uninteresting full-on that doesn't really go anywhere. Yes I like the tribal element of Night Shift with that percussive whack, but talk about beating a dead horse. The bass line in Spinner is pretty nasty and the track itself has a dark, futuristic vibe. Totally Psychaos. But two tracks do not a compilation make. The tunes here aren't terrible, but they aren't special and serve solely as placeholders. Space fillers. The back end veers more toward the darkpsy spectrum, but the quality didn't improve. By the time Suria said one more, I was like...do I have to?

I didn't have to delete this one off the hard drive. It f*cking jumped off.

Psyshop

Mdk