problem on discogs.. please help psynews friends

technosomy

as alot of you know, i have been selling off yet again some of my cd's

just recently sold to someone on discogs.. electric universe - cosmic experience

problem.. he is stating there has only been one pressing and thats a digi pack, and what i sold him was in a jewel case

now.. i bought this brand new on amazon years ago maybe a year after released never thought anything of it, and obviously never checked, not paid much attention to it on discogs

yes on discogs does say digi

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THEY DID A PRESSING IN A JEWEL CASE!!!!!

if not...... I GOT FUCKED BY AMAZON 10 YEARS AGO???

also if the case.. he wants full refund... as you all know.. i give pretty good deals.. would never intentionally rip anyone off

but how should i deal with this??

i am hoping a jewel case version was released and somehow been missed on discogs (hopeful)

if not... do we have bootlegs of this around

excuse me

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

please help

confused.. pissed... and all of a sudden feeling older!!! :(

The scans on discogs are of a digipak.

Checking sales history, no seller ever commented about format, though I don't exclude sometimes a jewel case also sold.

If you bought it new from amazon when it was released obviously 2 different formats exist. No one in 2004 predicted a couple of years later would have so much value, and it seems you bought it from amazon not a seller there, and again in 2004 this would not have been bootlegged already.

Is he saying you sold him a fake?

Try convincing him you bought it off amazon back then.

Do you still use the same account on amazon of back then? If yes show him a screenshot of the purchase, I can see my first purchase on amazon, which was 2004 :) You can how him a neat 'printable order summary'.

Tell him you are not a discogs guru and not active there and you weren't certainly aware it says digipak on there. I'm sure you graded it perfectly after all.

If he gets convinced it's genuine and that he has a different version, convince him to submit on discogs. If he is happy with a jewel case version but still not 100% satisfied try giving him a little refund, or buy him a CD he wishes, a normal priced CD of course to make it good for that. If however he still insists he has a fake or still unhappy with it, make him return it for a refund. Re postal expense to return it back and who does what first (refund or return) I won't get in between.

think i bought it with my father in law at the times account.. as didn't have credit card then

he does think its fake... seems to think after looking at insert.. it obiviously is???

i have looked at that cd many times and never suspected anything

would be very interested if anyone else owns a jewel version of this

ok collectors..... give it to me!!!!

I never had any version in hand.

Still, I find it extremely hard that a distributor screwed amazon 10 years ago on a newly released CD.

So I guess you aren't able to see the transcation back then.

no i wasn't but do know it was from them... as i got all my new ones from them at that time as the postage was so cheap

Hey!

It seems like the Discogs user 'Moesko' did the edit to Digipack 7 years ago. Send him a mail and ask for proof?

Me myself have never seen a Digipack for this release....

heres his reply

Hi Pat,

Unfortunately, I don't know about a jewel edition. Most of the Spirit Zone releases were digipak anyway (I don't know about any Spirit Zone CDs in a jewel case).

But of course it might be possible that some of the releases were licensed to another labels, too, and the other label released the disc in a slightly different edition. Cosmic Experience was released in 2004, shortly before the label went defunct, so this may be a possibility.

Take care,

Peter

I believe your edition to be legitimate Pat, the bootlegs most commonly came from Russia pretty often with fake logos/barcodes.

I don't think Amazon carries bootleg at all, usually. So I think you should chill and the guy should submit his jewel case version to discogs now, with scans of the covers, that way we could maybe discuss something, if it looks fishy.

The price of this album is probably high as there might not be too many copies around. I wonder why Boris did not repress the disc on his own label afterwards

I believe your edition to be legitimate Pat, the bootlegs most commonly came from Russia pretty often with fake logos/barcodes.

I don't think Amazon carries bootleg at all, usually. So I think you should chill and the guy should submit his jewel case version to discogs now, with scans of the covers, that way we could maybe discuss something, if it looks fishy.

The price of this album is probably high as there might not be too many copies around. I wonder why Boris did not repress the disc on his own label afterwards

thanks fed... been waiting for your reply

don't know why he never did... unless he licensed it out without full control for himself... otherwise i am sure he will eventually

will let the guy know and let u all know how i get on

thanks