Music & the price to buy it...

Anoebis

Even if music is getting more digital, imho if you DJ you have to buy the files from official sources. End of story! I also fail to see why people won't to that. I mean back in the days if you wanted a specific track and you didn't want to download it illegaly you had to buy the whole album, even if the rest of it wasn't that hot. Nowadays you can buy single tracks and you are set. Especially when it comes to DJing this feels like heaven to me.

It's a bit off topic but you can use CDJs to mix MP3s via USB stick without any sync-button whatosever. It functions in the same way than using the CDJs and CDs. And mixing with a controller even with the sync function can be fun if it's done well. I'm not into it but you can use shitloads of effects during the mixing and even add additional controllers with more effects. You can obviously say that using the sync function is cheap but imho djing is not only about the mixing but more about creating a good mix with selecting the right tracks for the right time. Which is a talent that is not linked to being able to beatmix just by hearing but imho at least equally important for a DJ.

So true! And fx? naaah, nothing needed :) (except maybe sometimes the filter colour effect on djm800 could be nice...)

"internet of things" => download the blueprint of your phone and print with your 3D printer at home)

No, "internet of things" refers to internet-connected things, like home appliances, cars, any kind of hardware that isnt a direct consumer device like a phone or something.

I think 10 is good for a CD. I think downloads should be less unless theres real facts that the IT costs of downloading an album are equal to manufacturing a CD. And I think MP3 downloads should cost less than lossless formats. Personally I'm usually only willing to purchase FLAC downloads, not MP3.