Great tracks with poor mastering

radi6404

So I have found many great tracks in the last months that have great melodies and synths, but I don´t wish to play them more than once in a week because they somehow sound wrong. The mastering is poor and annoys me. It is a shame that many great electroni tracks sound poor beause of the mastering. For example Jam Hammer. I like many tracks of him, they have intresting and fresh melodies, but they somehow sound empty and I don´t want to hear them again after listening them once. If the mastering was better, many Jam Hammer tracks would sound great. The mastering plays an important rule in sound quality. If the mastering is wrong, with wrong settings, any track will sound bad.

This is also a track that sounds very good in my ears. A bit like old Total Eclipse, but after one listening the track annoys me a lot and I don`t want to hear it aswell.

Deviant Electronics also has an album with good soundquality but when I listen to it, it is not a big pleasure. Do you also know tracks that have great melodies and sounds but still annoy you?

Subcouds - Greenflow

Hux Flux - Bring Your Own Bios

I wonder if it is only the vinyls though... probably they sound a bit cleaner on the CDs. But isn't that one of the main ingredients of old goa, a bit of shoddy mastering?

oh crap... I'm in the Other Electronica forum...

I don´t have problems with goa trance mastering, compared to the tracks mentioned any goa track sounds perfect, even very old Green Nuns or Electric Universe. Shabby mastering is no problem, but if it sounds very dry and empty, I have a big problem. Listen to the track on the link. A nice track but the mastering is very poor in my opinion.

yeah sorry! posted without thinking. I'll give your link a listen shortly, I'm going through an album right now.

Actually, the tracks I've heard from The Nuns and Boris have all been nicely mastered, of course I don't have all their productions so I might have missed something.