Entheogenic - Anthropomorphic

johnb820

Anthropomorphic.jpg

Just look at this god damn art work!

Anthropomorphic is the 7th Entheogenic album, released in May of 2013. Like its predecessor Gaia Sophia, Anthropomorphic was released on bandcamp and appears to have been worked on by Piers Oak-Rhind alone. Its digital only release is somewhat mind boggling to me as this album is jaw droppingly good and not only that, the artwork alone would be worth holding in your hands. But thankfully this masterpiece was released regardless and we are able to peer into the world of Entheogenic yet again.

Right from the first track, we are treated to sounds of alien nature, dripping and scraping, wooshing, and flowing. Beneath the effects are sounds of animals, and rivers, forests, and trees. But it's all been altered somehow, distorted and twisted. Scattered throughout the nearly 43 minutes are beautiful vocals, vibrant acoustic instruments, and loads of sonic effects the likes of which no Entheogenic album has come as close to. The result is a gorgeous, green, life affirming world that had been lost and is now found.

The compositions are so effortlessly crafted on each and every song. The final track, Soma (Veda Mix), features an uptempo dance beat as thoughtful samples explain to us how our ears create vibrations in the air and we create the universe with our ears... or something. Just as I was so impressed by Gaia Sophia, so too am I impressed by Anthropomorphic, in a way that Flight of the Urubus did not. These four tracks are just so wonderfully produced, journeys within themselves in ways that even the older Entheogenic material never quite created. Things are a bit more chaotic and there's less structure, but that in itself makes for a more compelling listening experience each time I put this on.

It may be a bit late to provide a link, but I think if you have enjoyed any of the previous Entheogenic albums, this one is not one to miss. And listen to Gaia Sophia while you are at it. http://entheogenic-usr.bandcamp.com/album/anthropomorphic

• 3 weeks later...

This one hasn't grabbed me.. I like the last track, which is fully goa trance.. The others though, they are very similar in style to other Entheogenic tracks, and not particularly catchy either..

Entheogenic has put out a couple stormers though in the goatrance department over the last couple years - I vote they do an entire trance album - that would be epic!

Not as good as his first album. And not a fan of the art work: could have been more atmosphereic, like the music.

But I'm still loving this big time...might have sounded a bit more warmer, rest seems very fine imo.

Especially the twirling sounds and the trancy drive/vibe in every track catches me.

Also the melancholic story telling is a nice way of getting lost every time again.

He also has a unique way of handling the voice samples: always loved it :)

Wandering in the music: thanks for the link "john820".

Ow yes, before I forget: Is that not Allen watts in the sample of the 4th track?"

I'm so happy his voice and lessons are used: he always catches the mind!!! :wub:

Love this track: wonderfull goa trance...melodic, melancholic and not cliché structured.