01 - Move Accordingly (145 BPM)
02 - Creation & Destruction (145 BPM)
03 - I Of The Storm (147 BPM)
04 - Party Groove (145 BPM)
05 - Solitaire (145 BPM)
06 - Human De-Evolution (145 BPM)
07 - iRock (145 BPM)
08 - Cosmic Comedy (145 BPM)
"Sometimes a man decides that life is just too much...and all he wants is peace and quiet."
This artist is one of those that is difficult to put in a box. Eki is from Sweden, but his crazy style borrows from his penis shaped neighbors from Finland. I'm not saying that people from Finland look like dicks, but their country sure does. Had a friend from Lahti and I couldn't understand a thing he said. Eki combines the symphonic with the eerie and delivers a healthy dose of samples and full-on. And a lot of that full-on is of the eye rolling and nauseating guitar variety (i of the storm). But in that same track is an amazing and dreamy break. What a paradox!
Highlight? The funky and deliciously K-Pax ridden Human De-evolution.
But in the end the cheese and annoying repetitive slicing of samples make this a subpar effort. Too full-on and corny. What I would love is if he would attempt a dark and serious sci-fi ambient album with horror movie samples. Something tells me he'd be really good at it.
Mdk