"V/A - Compression Session EP"

Trance2MoveU

LcuSGEZ.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Compression Session EP

Label: Replicant Records

Date: September, 2013

1. Rabdom L - Inside the Dollhouse (2013 Remix)

2. X-Side - Undermind (remix)

3. Rubix Qube - Dead Still Dance

4. Iliuchina - Imagination Vs. Hallucination

Replicant Records is back.

How do I know this? Because they've been blowing up my newsfeed for a couple months now. Is it the rapture? Is my house on fire? Is my wife on her way home and I still have coked up hookers (yep, plural) passed out in the marital bed? These are the only situations I can see needing that kind of advance notice. So...the music. I'll let you read the review. But I will say this...the first time I gave this a listen I had to turn it off and go take a sh*t.

Dollhouse- "Did you really think you could just walk into the dollhouse...when everyone knows it doesn't exist?"

WTAboWI.gif

Look at what you did. You know Keanu is fragile.

Packed tighter than an Indian commuter train this track has a very high ssi (samples per square inch). Which unfortunately leaves very little room for anything else including creativity. FYI, I've been to the Dollhouse in South Carolina (it exists) and their dancers really make you feel welcome. But ah...stay away from the shrimp cocktail.

Undermind- Now we're getting somewhere. Punchy bass and a high acid content make this a mover and a shaker. Very intense.

Dead Still Dance- We can all rest easy now that the Qube is on the case. Is what I would be saying if that were true. He's got a funky groove and makes a big acid splash, but somehow he worked an element of cheese in the mix. After several listens I thought I could ignore it, but...nope. I can take it or leave it. The good parts are really good, but the not so good parts...yikes.

Imagination- "We see with the eyes...but we see with the brain as well."

You know they are actually connected right? You see the eyes have a nerve (cranial nerve #2 to be exact) called the optic nerve...ah, you don't wanna hear this.

From the "first lady of night full-on." Not bad. Not great, but I didn't cringe.

So...2 out of 4. That's 50% and a failing grade in any school I've ever attended. Meh, still miles better than the Obamacare rollout. It's dark and moody with enough acid to get a good sticky shower, but it definitely straddles that commercial line. Take the two tracks and run. There's much better twilight out there.

And stop blowing up my newsfeed!

Beatport

Mdk