rs5rIuf.jpg

Artist: Siam

Title: Sunset In Jupiter EP

Label: Timewarp Records

Date: October, 2013

1. Endless Sea

2. Amanita Dream

3. Sunset In Jupiter

This was released on my wife's birthday, but sorry I didn't buy enough cupcakes. What?

BboLy1W.gif

Ummm...no. Geez, are there no boundaries with you Greeks? Don't feel bad, I didn't get any either. Siam (John Pitsakis) is like the underground hot property these days. His style is quite intricate with layers that just seem to seep into place. The promo describes it as music with "deep emotional melodies." Yeah, I would go along with that.

And melody is fully represented here. It's not unlike the recent offering Voyage In The Universe EP from Cosmic Dimension. There are plenty of outerspace themes with cosmic sounds that fully engage the brain. It flows from delicate sequences to long and trance inducing melodies. Amanita Dream is more trancey in a harmless sort of way, bookended by some quality goa trance tracks with some storming phrases. The title track has a juicy and sneaky goa melody that particularly sticks in the melon.

Congratulations to John and to Timewarp for delivering yet another quality arrow in the quiver of goa trance.

Beatport

Mdk