Senzar - Before The Morning Sun

Trance2MoveU

senzar-before-the-morning-sun.jpg

Artist: Senzar

Title: Before the Morning Sun

Label: Lookinglook Records

Date: April, 2011

01 - Intro (feat. Ariel Electron) (0 BPM)
02 - Deep Sea Civilization (0 BPM)
03 - Before The Morning Sun (66-132 BPM)
04 - Power Of Light (75 BPM)
05 - Mos På Træerne (75 BPM)
06 - Finsteraarhorn (Erot Remix) (85 BPM)
07 - Sun Dance (90 BPM)
08 - Path Of Dhyana (60-120 BPM)
09 - Book Of Dzyan (120 BPM)
10 - Before The Morning Sun (NASA Remix) (128 BPM)

This is Denmark's own Thoke Fillip Anders Thomsen with his debut album originally released a year earlier. Ever wonder what it would be like to do maintenance on the International Space Station with 21st century CGI camera angles? That's how I would describe this. The melodies and pads are extremely soft and gentle as the beats move from drone to ambient to deep trance territory. The album is aptly named as each track promotes images of dawn across the globe. With the samples and long drifting pads there is a heavy sci-fi feel to the entire album. Futuristic without being threatening. I don't know how to even write that Danish track (I think if I tried to copy paste it I would unknowingly open the gates of hell), but it sounds like the soundtrack to the movie Gravity.

Positively uplifting fitting in well with that morning cup of coffee. Ready to go to your boss and ask for that raise? Take this with you.

Time to confront your husband on why it takes an hour and a half to drop off the babysitter when she lives down the street? You go girl.

Working up the courage to ask little Johnny why he spends an hour in the john "combing his hair?" Now you're talkin'.

If I have one gripe with this album it's that there isn't much evolution. He finds a melody or groove and rides that puppy all the way to the end. With tracks floating around the nine minute mark it can get slightly tedious. Oh and one more thing. Sometimes it was so positive and uplifting that it felt cheesy at times. That said if you can't imagine performing a spacewalk to this then maybe it's time to stop sniffing paint.

Free at Ektoplazm

Mdk