Screw Loose & Lunar Dawn - Mental Well Being EP

Trance2MoveU

59O5iE5.jpg

Artist: Screw Loose & Lunar Dawn

Title: Mental Well Being EP

Label: Timewarp Records

Date: Coming Soon

1. Screw Loose & Lunar Dawn - Big Crunch

2. Lunar Dawn - Ananke (Screw Loose Remix)

3. Screw Loose - Mind Jelly

"It's as old as the solar system yet we've found that it contains the building blocks of life."

It's a good time to be a fan of goa trance. Techniques are better, sound quality is improved...It wasn't that long ago where we were treated with only a few releases a year. There are several reasons for this, but any Dj will tell you that playing goa trance isn't going to support a Faberge Egg obsession. Maybe not even a three egg omelet habit. Thanks to labels such as Suntrip, DAT Records, Cronomi, and Zion 604 new releases are much more common keeping that spinning top going. Enter the next level of distribution and digital labels like Neogoa, UAF, and Timewarp have our proverbial cups running over.

Timewarp is the newest one and has already released a string of quality goa trance EP's not to mention The Call of Goa compilation and Magnetic Field by Tavi. Sasa Dukic (better known as Psilocybian) is one of the best psytrance producers you should be listening to. His latest effort Dreamtime will be out in October and let me tell you it's off the hook. Like all great artists he isn't content to just be good, he apparently likes to challenge himself. So here as Screw Loose he teams up with Lunar Dawn (and oh yeah doesn't he have an album on the horizon?) on a three track goa EP. Mushrooms? Is that Fred Astaire? On crumpled canary paper? O...Kay.

His bubbling and invasive form of psytrance serves him well. Nothing too fancy, he stays in his comfort zone with layered melodies designed to entrance. It's well produced and sounds crystal clear. They refrain from going over the top and leave the cheese in the fridge. Call it subtle goa more interested in soaking you in atmosphere and building a track rather then firing you into the clouds. I also found that the more I kept listening to it, the more I liked it. This guy is so good he could make f*cking yodeling album and I think I would get it. Until then, get some mental well being.

Me likey.

Coming Soon!

Mdk

• 10 months later...