A Message to Creatives

FatKidWitAJetPak

Sometimes, I see the most talented people in the world struggling with their passions because they are abused again and again. Reality brings in hurdles, money becomes scarce, and the fight seems lost. You all know who you are. You each have been through hell and back, trying to fill this world with your art. It gets hard when you care so much and people take advantage of that. Your talents and passions are going to be drained from time to time. People will request you do things for free, and you probably will. Because you do it for love. You do it for fun. You do it for culture. Of course, reality kicks in and you realize "man if I want another taco I am going to need a buck or two".

So, what do you do? I want you artists out there to know there is one fan who keeps pushing you to achieve brilliance, no matter what. That fan is you. Right now, you get it better than anyone else. You have an idea. You have a vision. We want to hear it, to watch it, to feel it. Don't let the barrage of bullshit get in your way. Step right over it because you know your better than that. Stand up for yourself. Give a lot of love and expect to be given back. Please the crowd. Make connections. Stir up conversation. Bring in some cash. Buy some more gear. Repeat. Refocus. Improve. Introduce. Impress. You have talent. You have care. Focus on brilliance, but realize you deserve brilliance.

If things don't go according to plan, learn from the mistakes and redraw for a better tomorrow. Take mistakes and form them into experiences. Turn those experiences into journeys. From that journey, make a masterpiece. Compose, write, paint, sing, scream, strive, run through the forest, climb a mountain, do whatever it is you do until your heart feels pure. Grow old with wisdom and sew your perspectives into creation. Without expressing, without crafting your thoughts, your dreams will stay deep inside and progress will not exist. Only then will your struggle be infinite. Don't give up. Keep pushing on. As long as there is an idea, as long as there is a little light inside your head, there is possibility. You know you want to show us.

Don't halt when a door appears. Find the lock. break it open. Whatever you do, don't stop creating. If you get hit put a bandaid on. If you run out of bandaids then get some duct tape. (its really not expensive). Get everything together or you will fall apart. Of course, you probably can't do it yourself. That is easily understandable, but guess what? You have friends. All of that love and giving and creation you blew into the world has already paid off. Look around you. See the support? It is there. If you can't see it, look harder. Why do you think this post is here? It is here for you to realize you are brilliant. It is here because there are many who truly care, just like you do.

Cinder Vomit, Nicholas DjSonik Scyoc, David Johan Falao Gjølstad, Devyn Taylor, Steven Weishaar, Braxton Stowe, Doc Bryce, Ryan Blevins, Ashley Lynn Sellers, Sean Dandurand, and many, many more (I can not possibly name you all, there are many here on Psynews and Ektoplazm) have really changed my life in understanding that talent comes with a price. Talent is not just a word used for describing wonder, it is a challenge. It is a fight that every creative must encounter at some point. Because, without talent there is not innovation. Innovation takes purpose. It takes breath. It can be a burden at times. It takes a million no's and a couple of yes's until a smile is formed in front of a canvas. In the end, when every tear has fallen to the floor, something will be born, and it will blow people away. Finding the best ways to put talent together can be a massive battle... but always know, you are not fighting alone.

All of you are spectacular. You have unique talents I have described to in person many times. You paint dreams into reality. You bend frequencies into emotion. You write the magnificent onto paper. You stir magic into minds. You change worlds. You create worlds. You are a part of this world, and I wouldn't want it any different. We need your talent. We need your perspectives. We need you! Never stop what you are doing and never stop being who you are. Don't let the asshats and silly misfortunes stop you. Make us laugh. Make us cry. Confuse us. Bewilder us. Astound us. Take us into your universe. You are here for reasons on a higher level.

As for the observer, the ones interested in the culture and art of this world, next time you see something that makes you think, something that opens a small crevice inside your mind not thought possible, something that bends the rules and pays attention to the unexpected, something that introduces the magical and fills the darkness with light, something that simply makes you open your eyes and say, "wow", then show support. Send an email. Write a comment. Shake a hand. Slam a high five. Give out some cash. Smoke some hash. Whatever you do, just do something. Don't sit back and assume these people don't need the support. They ALWAYS need support. This is what community is all about. Even if you are an artist. Even if you think yourself to be simple. Even if you think yourself to be the biggest baddass around. Give a word. Because without words, without communication, these extremely talented, diverse, incredible, spectacular, different people will never know they are loved.

Go out there and make a difference guys and girls and get ready to explode.

I just see a lot of passion in the community. That is why Im here. For some reason, I randomly am bashed over the head with a passion bat and think to myself "well golly gee Im gonna make a post about passion yahoooo" and personally find it very important to inspire. When I began creating, I was always looking for inspiration. I needed it more than anything because things were constantly falling on top of me, stopping my progression. They still are. So I grow. I expand. I learn. As I said, life throws us hurdles, and we have a choice to either trip over them and snap our necks or jump right over them. Also, I really enjoy writing. Its a form of expression and makes me feel good at the end of the day. ;)

OK, I got round to reading it. Good post indeed.

I fucking hate reading things, but ironically enough I started a forum

I didn't start a forum, psynews was started (I think) by Children, years before I joined. I'm just a dogsbody.