3. Crystallised - GAIANA

4. Hypnotic Quality - GIDO AND AVARA

5. Jack The Tripper - AJJA VS FLOOTING GROOVES

6. Outbound - ANTISPIN

7. Hippy Hoop - MARK DAY

8. Motoremoto - PEYO

9. Movements - JARAMOGI AND NAIMA

10. Expecto Patronum - FLOOTING GROOVES

When you say Blue Hour Sounds to me I think of two things. The multi-colored EP's and the exceptional Ianuaria Beware of the Fish album. This Italian label specializes in very detailed stuff with the psychedelic factor turned up to 11. So to see them with a new release I think it's fair to say that my expectations were pretty high. Mastered by Braincell (a guy who knows a thing or two about great psytrance) this album is one of storytelling, but without lots of twists and turns. Hypnotic and hallucinogenic, they supply pumping rhythms as the backbone and allow melodies to slither in amidst healthy effects and delay.

For the most part it's pretty psychedelic, but I felt it could've benefited from a bit more detail as there were some thin stretches in the tracks. Sometimes it seemed as if it lacked power or wasn't very dynamic. When you set the bar high it's difficult to maintain that level of quality. That said, there are portions where this is extraordinarily deep and involving. Don't know how that last track made the cut though as it didn't fit with the theme of the album. So it's a good comp if not a little disappointing. Not great, but good.

GoaStore

Beatspace

Psyshop

Mdk