4. In my world - ESSENTIAL TRIP
5. Flying objects always reach the ground - SNEILA
6. Forest - GOASIA
7. Guetto - GOASIA
8. Paranoid - GOASIA
9. The dreamers guide - SNEILA

Q66ZPDs.gif

Yeah, I went old school on you.

Wait a minute...that's new school. Old new school. Yeah, I took you to some kind of unfunded learning institution that has old textbooks and one computer in the teacher's lounge running AOL on dial up.

Kagdila Records is a USA label and I seem to remember some discussion where artists were unhappy with Mr. Shu-ki Golan. Probably didn't pay them. Great, more reasons to hate the US.

Anyway this was an early new school psytrance / goa trance compilation that for me doesn't get started until track number five. Oh there are four tracks before it, but like cold pizza if there's nothing else around I'll eat it. Just not my first choice. Or second. Hmmm....doesn't even rank in my top ten.

So that leaves 5 tracks by two projects. Might as well be a Sneila / Goasia EP. Hardly worth paying for a compilation, but I'm a completionist so I did. Flying Objects seemed like a revelation almost a decade ago with it's rolling synthline and at over 10 minutes you're in the clouds for a long time. Forest is pretty good with some quality detail if you listen. I just can't stomach that shanai sounding lead. Moving on to Ghetto it's full of sounds that you wouldn't hear on albums today, but it's diversity makes it a treat. The last Goasia track Paranoid is darker with an eerie atmosphere. The final Sneila track is a hands down growler of a beast. Dark and bubbly with undulating goa fire!

So there you go. Not a classic by any means, but it's an early arrow in the quiver of the blossoming new school movement.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Juno Download

Beatport

Mdk