5. Feeling Flow

6. Move your body

7. PoQuake (vs. Q.U.A.K.E)

8. Kick and Drum

9. Hypnotic Energy (Pop Art rmx)
LIQUID SOUL

aSjUuqc.gif

I should've known. I really should've.

Pop Art is the psy-gressive side project of Indra, one of the leading names in watered down commercial full-on. And it seems he brought his bag of tired, uninspired tricks to the progressive genre for a full album of stuff we have tried to avoid. It's a tough task and not everyone can do this. Osher from Ananda Shake comes to mind as one of the successful ones. But this?

fwb9UFl.gif

Do you love repetitive and annoying samples? Me neither but, this guy does. Simple bass lines? Disc is full of them. Cliche sounds that make you cringe? Oh, you betcha. Open your f*cking eyes sheeple, this is why everyone makes fun of our music. There is absolutely nothing remotely psychedelic about this album so if the mods deem that it shouldn't be reviewed here, I understand. As a matter of fact it's so bad I move that we change the album cover from the above to this:

Aksx6mI.jpg

But I'm not mad at him. This is what he does. It should come as no surprise. No I'm upset at Synergetic Records who were "more than proud" to present this. After releasing loads of quality progressive they somehow thought it would be a good idea to attach their name to this dumbing down of electronic music. "Welcome to my house?"

8Zeq6re.gif

Get the f*ck outta here.

"There's a message in your inbox..." - actual sample

The only thing I want in my inbox from you is an apology. Not for making cheesy music, but for not insisting it come with a warning label so I don't accidentally infect myself with this drivel. I know we haven't yet hit the halfway point of 2013, but this gets my vote for worst CD of the year. Clean taste? More like bad taste.

Mdk