Music Activates Same Pleasure Center In The Brain As Sex

Veracohr

• 2 weeks later...

Quote the topic here so we don't have to follow the link. I think music can't get you into that state of mind, maybe close, but not really the same, since sexual experiences are very strong, music for me is not as strong.

It depents on the music aswell, the only music that can really put me into a different mind state similar to drugs is Simon Posford, his hallucinogen tracks are so filled with random stuff that your brain in fact gets twisted.

Quote the topic here so we don't have to follow the link.

No. I gave a snippet of the content so you can decide whether you want to go to the link and read it, but it's poor netiquette to post an entire online article elsewhere.

I've always found music as a brain-function very interesting. The way carefully orchestrated sequences of sounds somehow make sense to brain still baffles me. Especially when you look at certain styles of music, like say western music compared to eastern music, if you played Ravi Shankar to beethoven i bet he'd dismiss as the work of a lunatic.

A few weeks ago i saw a documentary about music, and they argued that when you listen to music you like, the areas of the brain that coordinate movement are very active! Ergo, when you listen to music, your brain is already imagining how your supposed to dance to it! So there's no dancing without music, and apparently there's no music without dancing either! :D