Phsiris - Ham Job EP

Trance2MoveU

phsiris-ham-job-300x300.jpg

Artist: Phsiris

Title: Ham Job EP

Label: None

Date: October, 2012

01 - The Calm Before (89 BPM)
02 - 4000 Giraffe Power Bubble Machine (146 BPM)
03 - No Lights (150 BPM)
04 - Spooky Seamen (120 BPM)

That is really disturbing.

soverygay_zps38483715.gif

A show of hands who doesn't think that Prince has smoked a few meat whistles in his day?

But I'm talking about the cover art. Is that a slice of bacon getting blown by a pig? So many things wrong with this image. Isn't that cannibalism? Bacon doesn't think so. Or care. Looks like he's got his "o" face on.

oface_zpsb93a879f.gif

Phsiris is bacon from Sydney Australia (lots of Australians representing on Ekto) and the cover was obviously made to draw attention to his art. Based on the replies it worked very well. The music?

Well, it's all over the place. The Calm Before is exactly that and then it explodes into massive amounts of weirdness. 4000 Giraffe Power Bubble Machine is 11 and a half minutes of what I think music made by bacon would sound like. Psychedelic, fast, Suomi type stuff. No Lights is more of the same with twisted synths and interspersed break beats. Spooky Seamen...more break beat weird sounds.

Not my style, but it's really creative. A mixture of everything. Reminds me of that Bunny Fone sh*t that was on Ekto awhile back. But way more intelligent and musical.

Free at Ektoplazm

Mdk

great ep !! but only if you're in the mood for mothafreakin heavy-metal-psy'n'bass ! no random bunny fone here, instead well structured breakbeats though sometimes too experimental for my taste ! track 2 is a awesome powerful melodic spacey slice of fatty bacon !!