is psy trance the end?

im sometimes wondering about myself. is there only psytrance left. i never listen to other music stuff. but i think its time to change. @ goaszene nothing changes at all. there are little new sounds but its still the same. im searching 4 something completly new. i want to investigate completely new music. whats the cases to find an "alternatives" to psytrance?

Is this a joke? Could there be alternatives to psy trance? Of coure there is more out there! It mightnot be as good to you or anything, but music does not stop at psytrance! I mean, here is a list of music kinda outside elctronic music that I have and like:

Enya -Most albums

Enigma - Best Of

Bob Dylan - Best Of

Bob Marley - Best Of

Destiny's Child - album

Metallica - Most albums

Fear Factory - Most Albums

Enrique` Ingleise - Latest Album, love that song Hero

Slayer - Divine Intervention

and some U2 and Greenday.

I always listne ot the radio in the car, and I enjoy watching MTV.

Psytrance is a big part of my life but by no means is it the most important thing! It is the most important music, butit is not the end of my tatse in music and my taste will always expand!

Guest vasyachkin

i can't say that i enjoy MTV :))) they have some of the lamest shows on television like "becoming" or "real world". on the other hand i kinda like "cribs" and "jackass" :))))

anyway. yes there is music outside of psytrance.

for something relaxing, with nice female vocals try Delerium, Sade

for something wicked and smart like psytrance only not psytrance try industrial : KMFDM, MDFMK, Front Line Assembly

for a creative kind of metal try: Fear Factory, Rammstein

hard to classify stuff which is very good: Nightwish, Paradise Lost, Lords Of Acid, Pixies, Pet Shop Boys

happy listening

60s and 70s soul and funk has some fantastic melodies and harmonies. Listen to Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Curtis Mayfield, Sly and the Family Stone, Bobby Womack, Al Green, James Brown, Smokey Robinson etc etc etc.

It would be completely new music to psytrance, but some of it is also really intense, not only for its time, and can be really trancey, its a lot about dancing. You know there is such a thing as "Northern Soul" in the north of the UK where there has been sort of raves since the 60s, people dancing to soul music for whole nights! Music and dancing didnt start with psytrance u know...

I dont understand why you want to listen to one genre only, that is really narrow-minded and quite childish I think.

I shouldnt have to say this, but there are some fantastic music out there if you are only ready to listen......

And, sigh, when you listen to other music you get a different perspective on psytrance as well.......

Listen to Shpongle.

Listen to Shpongle.

Listen to Shpongle.

Listen to Shpongle.

Listen to Shpongle.

Yes. Listen to Shpongle 6 times. At least.

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

Listen to Shpongle again.

I never LISTEN to anything but psy & ambient, I mean my head won't explode or anything if I hear, say, a Kylie Minogue -song in the radio, but psy is all I ever put in my cd-player. Well, up until recently I did listen to lots of latino -rhytms as I danced salsa and merengue, but don't have any of that on cds myself.

Guest --== MiLeS ==--

Emk,

Please visit this site again within a year and report your findings. I am so desperate to replace my Shpongle addition with something more worthwhile (and so is mr. Strumpling)....

naa, you gotta listen to this 80ies disco style. that's great(really)

for example:

cindy lauper - girls just wanna have fun

banarama - i'm your venus

kajagoogoo

midnightoil etc etc

or beatles

to vasyachkin:

rammstein creative???? not at all!! they produce pure @!#$! you can be glad that you don't understand their lyrics. it's so stupid. and it leads to chainsaw school masacres. :)

Guest vasyachkin

akira - it IS childish, because it means that one simply wasn't exposed to enough music yet

psyfi - are you attacking metal in general or just Rammstein? You sound like one of those activists that are quick to blame Slayer and Marilyn Manson for everything, and yes i like Slayer and Marilyn Manson too.

i know too many people who like Rammstein, two of them don't even listen to metal, and one is 50 years old and his only other metal band is Metallica. on the other hand i don't know a single person who has something against them - except you that is. you should be proud :)

Rammstein's music is lots of fun with teenage provoking attitude in the lyrics. I think it's healthy actually.

Hmm, I'm more and more under the impression that some people here take the music too seriously, always this geniocratic syndrome...

J.

Its childish because one doesnt want to listen to something else, even though one knows, but resist to admit, that there is so much fantastic music out there.

No one can seriously say they have listened to all kinds of music and not liked anything there. In that case they havent listened to enough music.

And if there are any arguments against this I would force you or anyone else to listen to classical music, the best music ever created, period.

The only psytrance artist that comes even close to classical music is Simon Posford. (No, dont bring up IM.)

Too much good music!

I listen to Psy/Goa, Prog Rock/Metal, Classical, Jazz!

And more!

Just go and search...give music time.

Noone usually "gets" good music on the first listen.

Like Stravinsky or Britten or other modern classical composers, its apt to just sound "weird" but it's incredible stuff once you've "figured it out".

Hope this helps! I can suggest a bunch of groups if you like...lemme know.

World is full of wonderful music!!! Why limit to psytrance only?

jazz, dub, reggae, ska, funk, soul, afro, downtempo, rock, pop, metal, classical, tango, klezmer, latin, folk music, ethnic music, breakbeat, d&b, idm, electro, hiphop, triphop, industrial, techno, electro, house, ambient, lounge, opera, acid, trance, joik, humppa, jenkka and all the bastard crossbreeds of these genres (which usually are the most interesting ones). Served with a right amount of mindtwist ;-)

Just start listening.