Wizzy on the run...

Guest Swede Indeed

Just checked out the new album Cyclotron at www.wizzynoise.gr

Seems like a potential killer, for wizzy fans. Almost like their old familiar style but harder in some way, cooler rythms and more energy? (How is that possible?)

Just waiting for psyshop to get it and then...THEN...I will...eh...buy it.

: - )

exactly!! i have shores of freedom on vinyl and it rocks!! and on the last party i was they played some full on stuff i really liked. then i got told that some of it was whizzy noise. but i didn't buy his first album because it was more psytech and i don't like that to be honest. so, another great album will be released soon, jippie!!!

Guest Swede Indeed

Well I meant the style on Cybermancy. Sorry to disapoint you. But I loved Cybermancy. Haven't heard so much of their old stuff. Wich ones are your favourites?

On the other hand, someone told me that their new album is more like the Cybermancy -album, i.e lots of banging and little psychedelia (although I do enjoy this one too). But it'd be great if they went back to their full-on roots, I mean Shores of Freedom truly is an all-time classic. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

BTW, Tatsu, are you familiar with the track "Deeply unexpected" on Full Moon Paradise -comp? That's an awesome tune, too.

Guest pollywick

No you want the really older ones-drugs synchronising, Man in the Universe, Travelling, Tokyo present day and rez Walker rmx!-they were the classics for sure

no, i don't know that track. to be honest i don't have much full on cds or vinyls, i only got really aware of that style at the last party. i've read the review of full moon paradise and it sounds so amazing that i've ordered the cd...

next time i order from saikosound i will maybe also try the dark city ep if its still available.

thanks for the tips!

I am listening to the new album Cyclotron in RA format from their website, and all i can say is that there's no comparaison to do between their new stuff and their old classic tracks like this is the end. It seem that they removed all synth lines and psychedelic effects and let only the bass and percussion with some shitty sounds over that, like all the new minimalistic release out these days. Really disapointing once again. On first listen it's 10 time worst than cybermancy...

the new one is a bit disappointing at first listen... i was expecting tunes like wizzy on the run (full-on techno...) yet this one is more full-on minimal if anything...

cd