3. New world disorder

4. Existenz feat. Atyss

5. Love is tragedy

6. Destiny

7. Fahrenheit - Mindcore

8. A long time ago

9. Noise Control (Phatmatix rmx) - Atyss and Tim Schuldt

"The first seven minutes of your day...control your destiny."

I sincerely hope that is not the case because the first 7 minutes of my day are extremely unflattering. After you knock out a few knuckle children it's pretty much downhill from there.

When you are a reviewer of my questionable talent it is important to be consistent and remain objective. What else have you got? I have my favorite artists just like you do, but when I plan to review their music I have to distance myself.

Posted Image

"I love you too girl. No, no...think nothing of it. I don't take that restraining order personally. It just means I have to step up my game. You're worth it!"

This is all done for free and on my own free time, but I must never forget that my first and most important objective is to entertain. Waaaay down the spectrum perhaps education happens, but it's iffy. I'm just a father of two in front of a computer that loves this music and offers his opinion.

Posted Image

Could someone please help Stephane, clearly he has fallen down. Ok newsflash that's not Stephane. He might've eaten Stephane, but that's not him.

So here we have Stephane Rault, who along with Absolum and Electric Universe (the older one, not whatever alien sh*tshow made Higher Modes) are among my favorite twilight artists. Sorcery in 2006 and The Divine Comedy in 2008 are albums soaked in acid rich mayhem that I never get tired of. This is his 3rd effort and I suppose with the success of his work he has earned some...shall we say artistic license.

Cue it up on the computer, get in my comfy chair while the kids are (supposedly) taking a nap and hit play.

Posted Image

What the f*ck is this? I'm pretty sure I chose the right thing, but this is 180 degrees from his last two albums. Where his older stuff was balls to the wall hundred miles an hour acid monkey poo fling-fests this is very stop and starty, overly sample heavy, and commercial sounding. Is he appealing to the masses (otherwise known as the lowest common denominator) or just flexing creative muscles? On top of that, he "adapts" music from classical greats which, and I don't care who you are, sounds uber cheesy in the electronic genre. Insanely theatrical and operatic like Principles of Flight on some bad acid.

Astonishingly bad is the Noise Control remix that has all the stops and stutters that I've come to despise. Throw in the terrible guitar and well...

Posted Image

But he let's you know that he still has the ability with his Mindcore project as Fahrenheit is a sweet twilight track bursting with atmospheric effects and cool samples. And that's the thing...on the whole I didn't like it, but some of it was refreshing and different so I was torn.

If I can take away one positive it's the fact that he is still an amazing producer. Sure I didn't like it, but I can tell he oozes with musical ability. It's not like this wasn't produced well because it was. His varied beats and effects are still ever present. There were parts of each track that I liked in a guily pleasure type of way, when I need a break from the usual. It sounds great to the ears and is very professional, but for me I prefer you to get back to your acid flailing ways and leave the classical music to the long dead masters.

Get back to your Yabai ways and fling more monkey poo!

Psyshop

Beatspace

Saikosounds

Goa Store

Mdk