Mind Portal - On the road to the future (EP)

PharaOm

Posted Image

Hi psyheadz !

Today I'm gonna write a review about these insane french guys. Yep they are lunatic for real (proof : http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAQ8It_5UQw&list=UU0um1ltFRyJSizfmF-W-4RA&index=1&feature=plcp)

I don't really dig psy usually but this EP is really cool, moreover Cinate is a friend of mine and he paid me for doing this review. (Just kiddin :ph34r: )

By the way this EP is available on bandcamp for 5$ or more : http://mindportal.ba...o-the-future-ep

Tracklist :

01 - On the road to the future

02 - Portal 52

03 - The sand line

04 - Gravity

01 - On the road to the future

I really love this intro, a colored crispy melody and a sweet soundscape. The bassline has some psystep flavour... Well we can say that the portal to the future is now open, you can start to bang your head \o/

1:40 : After a small break an epic melo that sounds pretty much like that comes :

Posted Image

Around 3:30 a big buildup starts, and pushes you slowly up to the stars. It doesn't leads you to a big and violent climax, those things will come later kids, it just pushes a sweet europhia feeling toward the end of the tune.

02 - Portal 52

First an orchestral intro with a buildup, then the track starts with a groovy robotic beat.

Posted Image

"It's not music bitches, it's science"

A soft melo is coming, leading you to another orchestral break part... Then a buildup starts, and this time the guys are serious, something heavy is coming ! The drums becomes crazy while a futuristic lead attacks your brain. Yay we want blood !!!

Suddently, a wild lowpass appears ! The track reboots with a darker tone. But for good. After a second little buildup, the epic Mindportal's sound strikes again !

The story ends after that with a smooth melodic part.

03 - The sand line

This intro makes you feel like you were visiting an arabic city by nights, but with droids. Sounds more or less like Tatooine in fact.

This time it's 100% psystep, heavy wobbles and mystical melodies... The real pleasure starts at 2:10, just after few sitar notes releases a melodic robotic prayer (?) singing. Really nice atmosphere in this tune...

A small break, then some drums starts playing with an acid sound. The whole package sounds a bit like congas.. Clever combo !

A fast buildup grows, then the psystep beat xplod ! The bass Roooarr then fall again and again !

Posted Image

"Staaaaaart !! piece of crap !!!!"

The climax is great, nice job.

Some soft ringin bells closes the track right after.

04 - Gravity

An epic and dark piano melody open the tune, a drum n bass beat is following. A messy glitchy sound pretty much rapes you, then a fast kick/bass starts. Wicked !!

1:45 : here comes the lead, a bit trancy with a good rythm !

3:25 : a theatrical atmosphere break, then the beat strikes again.

4:45 : the first orchestral melo plays again, and the builup starts with a mindfreak lead.

Posted Image

"mothef**** epic dude"

To conclude, this EP shows for me how awesome psy can be.

It's not cheap and it's not sounding like something you ever heard 1000x times before(I'm not blaming regular psy. Well ok I do, but it deserves it :ph34r:).

These guys got skills and talent. Follow them, because I think that you'll hear more and more of them very soon !

• 2 weeks later...