Why do you listen to psytrance?

yeah, why do you like it? I just love the complex and epic melodies, the atmosphere... the music really grows on you. However, IMHO the scene is full of a lot of crap too... 95% sucks, the other 5% is really, really fucking good.

Some of my favourite tunes today are:

Nerve - White Sand

Sienis - Fungi Sapiens

Son Kite - Massive

Shpongle - The Seventh Revelation

Amazing songs.

cheers

Guest Drat Mafia

the deep rolling bass lines loosen my buttocks so with a good hit of poppers i can ram my 14" dildo all the way in. To quote Flashdance "what a feeling"

it's just great

Because he has been healthy and in a good shape lately, plus the competition looks somewhat shaky right now. Ask me again closer to the d-day, though, and I've probably changed my mind. Not really worth more than a tenner at most. Look out for the deals on double/triple: As of now, the combinations seem to be set to present decent value. The trick is to pick the correct underdog, of course, and those really are a plenty.

£10 on Flash Gordon. Projected pay-off: £41

£10 on Flash Gordon/Big Boy Pete/Mickel. Projected pay-off: £786

"Why do you listen to psytrance? "

he he, well I'd like to give you one of those "philosophical" replies which finds a link between psytrance and the spiritual development of human beings and how this link between music and exploring the unconscious mind has been a caracteristic of human kind since day 1... but actually I guess that the main reason for me is force of habit... In 96, goatrance simply was the genre that blew me away, comparing it to other musical genres was like trying to compare an intergalactic spaceship to a pink bicycle for 12 year-old girls... but now things are different, the "mysterious atmoshperes" and complexivity are long gone and I find myself wondering why do I spend my time listening to psy instead of looking for some other genre that took everything that made goatrance great in the early 90s (supposing that there is such a genre out there).

SMI²LE

"like trying to compare an intergalactic spaceship to a pink bicycle for 12 year-old girls" ;D HAHhahaha...

the fact that psychedelic to me means, :unpredictable turnes and changes & no bounderies to the imagination or types of sounds...

so that way i can use any kind of influences in my music without people going "hey!, you can´t do that!"

and true alot of what´s coming out is just made for parties and not to make your brain flip nor trip..... WHY NOT MAKE IT FOR BOTH?!

so i guess the bottom line is that i listen to psy as it has no virtual bounderies... it´s music that comes from straight inside of you without a Pop-filter between you and the release....

Guest Towelie

I dont know why .. and i really dont listen "trance" very much anymore

I really hate when people say "its so complicated and genious and blablabal" thats what everybody from black metallists to britney spears fans say about their music

Guest u must be kiding me

There is no such thing as good music and bad one (and i dont talking about the kichiaiest stuff) .

Loopus In Fabula RULEZ!!

Guest nomolos

music that was created by LSD made to enhance psy trips...how can u not love it???????

and i must agree with lemmiwinks...it isnt what it used to be...cosmosis,green flow,prana deck wizards compil' by mark allen and tsuyoshi and most important...CRAZY 350 MIC' HOFFMANS AND FREDDY CATS

ahhhh the crazy old days of TrAnCe.

have a nice TRIP.

Nomolos.

Guest The BeRzErKeR

I don't listen to psytrance... only Infected mushroom

I listen to really heavy shit.. real evil

is there any Psytrance out there which is as good as IM but is also evil and sinsiter???

I find, looking back at my musical tastes from over the years, that I've always enjoyed songs, even pop and rock songs, with a four-on-the-floor beat, although I didn't really know it at the time. It's insteresting to me to look back at my favorite songs and find so many of the beats to be similar. I thought most dance music was gay until I discovered psytrance, and I immediately fell in love with what I had seemingly waited a good part of my life to find.

BeRzErKeR - I highly recommend you look into Schlabbaduerst ReKkords for that evil and sinister sound, especially Volume 3. :)

i listen to it because it is the best people music ever created by the human mind, but were i live it is hard to listen to it because there is no scene and people have never even heard of it and they call it techno and shit... its a bummer, but i still love the music

I have been listening to Psy since 98' it is all that I listen to now and the only music that makes sense to me. I love the twists and turns it takes my mind on. I love how it is so unpredictable. I love the "layer on top of layer's" build up right to the breaking point. Then when everything is at it's peak the music takes off and sends chill's down my spine and goosebumps all over my body. (i.e halucinogen's lone deranger, infected mushroom's return of the shadows, Hara Gobi's Space Song, Distortion Orchestra's where does the universe end or the entire album of Sphongle's tales of the inexpressable)

But mostly, what i love is how it is an artist(s) creation, unmolested by morons who think they know what the masses want to buy. How he spends days, weeks, months prefecting his music. Exploring new realms of the psychedelic soundscape. BEING CREATIVE & UNIQUE IS HOW TO SELL RECORDS AND GET US TO COME TO THE PARTIES.

The past year has really sucked for Psy trance. Every new artist sounds like the last. Fractal glider sounds like silicon sound, and they sound like alien project who sounds like GMS, and on and on. Horseshit!!! Is this what PSY trance is coming to...Carboncopy, cookie cutter crap that worked for someone else. Copying someone else style and image may work in the mainstream, but it just makes me sick. PARASITES take what others create.

Hopefully, i missed something great in this indecent year of music 2003. MAYBE YOU FOUND IT? I recently moved to a place where this music is not available at the CD stores and the closest good party is 500+ miles away. my only source to PSY trance is my computer. Throw me your sugestions. Anything that twisted your mind or gives you goosebumps and chills? Any sugestions new music or old. I really miss the chills.

Psytrance is the way of life! There is a lot of crap for usre, but still there is artists like Absolum,Neouromotor,Delta,Hallucingoen!

They are amazing!So Uniqe and Bullinat!

and to dance for this funk is so exciting!

Guest TellMeWhoIAm

Because I'm fascinated to weird/psychedelic things, and psy-trance is weird. You get that strange feeling, oh, it's just so great.

Before psy-trance I mainly listened to metal, and I've not completely stopped that, but I found that psy-trance is just more THE music style "for me."

Guest TellMeWhoIAm

Because I'm fascinated to weird/psychedelic things, and psy-trance is weird. You get that strange feeling, oh, it's just so great.

Before psy-trance I mainly listened to metal, and I've not completely stopped that, but I found that psy-trance is just more THE music style "for me."

good question!till2000 i was listening just live music(punk-swing-ska-raggae

the first meet (realy) with the electronic music on an outdoor pary with~200 people! it was incredible and amazing!!!

the psytrance is realy "complicated"(that is the true) because its not just a music and its just a music!!!the most intelligent music! you can activate that piece of your brain what you cannot without this music...

...and the TRANCEDANCE!!!...i cannot tell about it nothing! i think you now what i mean!

favourites

Osom,Fungus Funk,Sienis,Parasense,Xenomorph,Quantum State,Rinkadink,

Shift,Dark Soho,Sesto Sento,Bonkey,InfectedM and a lot of...no the all trance music i love all types!

the first meet (realy) with the electronic music on an outdoor pary with~200 people! it was incredible and amazing!!!

the psytrance is realy "complicated"(that is the true) because its not just a music and its just a music!!!the most intelligent music! you can activate that piece of your brain what you cannot without this music...

...and the TRANCEDANCE!!!...i cannot tell about it nothing! i think you now what i mean!

favourites

Shift,Dark Soho,Sesto Sento,Bonkey,InfectedM and a lot of...no the all trance music i love all types!

favourites

favourites