Posted Image

Artist: Astropilot

Title: Emptiness EP

Label: Sun Station Records

Date: November, 2011

1. Emptiness

2. Emptiness (Flucturion 2.0 Remix)

3. Emptiness (Dream Stalker Air Mix)

Russian label Sun Station Records releases a free EP by Dmitry V. Red'ko who at least for 2010 has been extremely prolific, dropping 4 albums in that year alone. Tells me that he had a lot of material stored up. My favorite was Solar Walk as he crafted some really beautiful ambient. He is known for his downtempo goodness, but this is a progressive track along with two remixes of the same track. Let's see how it goes.

Emptiness- It's the type of progressive that is full steam ahead without any changes in it's foundation, but the effects give it depth. The break is really spacey with choirs, cold electronic computer blinking, but it's really short. Makes me feel like I'm alone in outer space and nobody is coming to rescue me.

Emptiness (Flucturion 2.0 Remix)- Same style of progressive with different effects. It actually seems a little bit more alive. Sparkles more. It pulsates and shimmers in a more understated tone. Liked it a little better.

Emptiness (Dream Stalker Air Mix)- "Our bodies are given life from the mist of nothingness."

Ah, but Dmitry saved the best for last. The sample adds a futuristic and mystical air as it chugs along with bass sweeps. The break is reflected sunshine on chrome on a winter's day slowly bringing warmth where there was none. It bubbles and whines with more outer space samples and liquid sounds as it coasts to a conclusion.

This is a nice little EP and an example of how remixes are supposed to be different than the original, yet still maintain some of the character of that original track. It's churning progressive that sounds very good loud and is easy to get lost in. Is it the best progressive I've heard? No, of course not. But it ain't bad at all. Couple that with the price (zero. zilch, nada) and you've got nothing to lose.

http://www.ektoplazm...pilot-emptiness

Mdk