Artist: Hiyarant

Title: Immaterial EP

Label: Disasterpeace Records

Date: July, 2011

1. 2 Times Devoured

2. One Punch Machine Gun

3. For the Blind

4. Disperse

Stuart Vermaak is from South Africa so due to genetics he obviously has the psytrance goods. Don't try to fight science; like gravity it's a competitor that is undefeated. Just ask this chick.

Posted Image

My sources tell me that after this incident she and every girl who resembled Chrissy from Three's Company died right on the spot. True story.

So Stuart released Collision in 2008 and he had me with all the creepy Emily Rose samples. It was powerful and dark just the way I like it. So here's a little EP giving us a window of what he's up to today.

2 Times Devoured- "No problem...easy peasy. But I will only do this for a price."

More power and a lead that will cut through your skull like a migraine. Definitely an acquired taste. It is a little stop and starty for my liking though. Couldn't build any momentum. It's like hiking the mountains with my 2 year old. We would make some good time, but he has to stop every 20 feet and pick up a f*cking pine cone.

One Punch Machine Gun- "I don't f*ck around fellas, you all know the rules and you know I won't stand for it."

Ding ding ding...I believe we have a winner for the coolest track name for 2011! Now this is more like it. With a hard driving bass line things are in order as he smears acid across the windshield like bugs on a road trip. There are a lot of samples here, too many and they dominate the track. Not bad, but he's done better.

For the Blind- "You're a very special kind of monster."

The grooviest track so far loaded with torrents of acid. It's layered more than the other tracks and that appeals to me. This is a pummeling of the first order and the first track on the EP that I can say that I really like.

Disperse- That lead is psycho. Think of scribbling with a crayon but instead of color you get sound. And that sound is very loud and totally f*cked up your paper. Who hurt you Stuart? Who hurt you?

One of the first things I would tell you is if you have a headache that is even on the horizon, do not listen to this. It is loud and abrasive and very raw. Each track has starts and stops but the last two are the best for my money. It's intense and chaotic often times just like his debut. I can't recommend it because I can't recommend music that makes me want to go on a shooting spree.

http://www.junodownload.com/products/immaterial/1778558-02/

Mdk