Posted Image

Artist: Z-Machine

Title: Master Plan EP

Label: AllDep

Date: September, 2011

1. Memories

2. No Complications (2011 edit)

3. Punjabdelic

I try to listen to every release I can and give it the benefit of the doubt. I really do. This is Paul Marks and I guess you would call him an also ran. What do I mean by that? He's released music but you will never catch yourself saying, "Man I cannot wait for the new Z-Machine album" like you would the greats of the genre.

Well, unless you're his grandmother.

I mean, good for him, he put his music out there and it sounds way better than anything I have ever made, and that takes some stones. But I'm not an artist. He just gets lost in the tidal wave of mediocrity that our little corner of the music world seems to produce.

If this is his master plan, well...he better come up with plan B. It is full on to the bone and not very good or engaging full-on. Memories didn't make any, No Complications was full of annoying voices, and Punjabdelic...hell, I can't decide whether or not he's making fun of Indians.

So in short, there is nothing about this release that I can recommend. It's just more of the same stuff, and that stuff is going nowhere.

Posted Image

F*ck me I gotta make better choices.

JunoDownload

Mdk

lol Z-Machine is da bomb and those samples sound awesome! what's up with the nasty review?? there's even a few reminders of old infected mushroom sound in there (no complication 2011 edit)

and i would definitely be interested in hearing his new album, you should check out his old track "drinking dreams", thats the first track that got me interested in this great producer! its definitely more than generic music to me, it's great and original!!!