DoHm - Swampology EP

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: DoHm

Title: Swampology EP

Label: Ektoplazm

Date: February, 2010

1. Cenotes (DoHm & P. Tale) - Freaking In The Distance (150 BPM)

2. Domaki Peledaki (150 BPM)

3. It's Coming (148 BPM)

4. Sharange Varange (150 BPM)

Domas Gudelis from Lithuania was kind to release some of his tracks on Ektoplazm. It's a mixture of forest trance with twilight atmosphere. Apparently the swamp is focal point for this type of music as TheRange Freak also drew some inspiration from that locale.

Freaking In The Distance- "This fear...like the fear of noise, is inborn."

What do you get when you cross ancient tribal chants, evil forest darkness, and a scalding goa riff? I mean, besides a bunch of people who think a shower is luxury or a matter of choice. A pumping track that's what. Twinkling chimes provide a low ceiling as the souls of the damned wail. When that goa riff hits, it will scald the skin right off your bones. Voodoo chants echo as the forest comes alive. Wow, what a start!

Domaki Peledaki- Oh, you stepped in it now. You know you f*cked up, right? You know that. Forest creatures drag their talons across your skin and vanish in an instant. They're teasing you. Warning bells sound and their last victim can be heard choking on her own blood. It's darkness the whole way without becoming boring. He wields layers of terror and stacks the chips against you.

Posted Image

Better run.

It's Coming- "You are listening to an emergency broadcast from the US military. If you can hear this please use the microphone while pressing the send button immediately."

Oh this is so deliciously dark. The rumbling bass sound curls around your throat threatening to cut of your oxygen. There is plenty of forest sounds that flicker above the bass line. Horror movie scary strings wail and moan and the only light is that of the moon high above. Totally alien with nice juicy layers of fear. Not darkpsy, but forest with the creatures closing in. It's too late when the transmission gets chopped up. Very nice.

Posted Image

Sharange Varange- How cool is the humming beginning of this track? Life is in slow motion and I'm wondering if this is real or a dream. Forest with a twilight bend. The bass is punchy as the layers pile on like sharks that smell blood. Acid splatters and the forest sprites look to see what wandered in. It's dark and scary with a grungy, filthy sickness.

Posted Image

What a pleasant surprise this was. Fully expecting another forest release, this was so much more. Dark, scary, yet not overwhelming to where it becomes heavy. He's got melodies and some powerful beats but don't worry he doesn't forget how to make the forest sounds. Highly recommended.

Ektoplazm

Mdk

• 6 months later...

Very very nice release from Ektoplazm here :) I find the title very descriptive of the feeling I get when listing to it, it's not really pure organistic forest trance, it is some how more melodic'ish wet, so were do we end up?! In the swamp, where else?! :D Swamp-trance, I like that idea actually... DoHm and the Forest Freaks really have delivered a fresh breath into the dark psy realm together with the likes of Yggdrasil Records and Lost Theory Records.

And the artwork.. spot on!