3. Uptime

4. Hannya

5. Loft

6. Starter

7. 4freaks

8. Old Faces

9. Sound of Goa

10. Surfer

Sometimes you have to make do with what you have. For example a bluetooth headset is convenient (if not blatantly annoying to the person next to you) but it can get a little pricey.

Posted Image

Boom, problem solved. F*ck you Verizon.

I have a friend who rides motorcycles and while I'm not fond of a trip to the emergency room I suppose some would find them desirable.

Posted Image

I heard it goes 0-60 in like 4 sec...when you throw it in the back of a truck going downhill. Gangsta!

It's the summer and everyone loves cookouts, but in this economy who can afford a grill?

Posted Image

Shopping carts...is there anything they can't do?

I wanted to review something else but it hadn't arrived yet so I had to make do. PTX is Patrick Chen and this is his 3rd album. That's a pretty good accomplishment, I don't even have a job. Participate in the X-Periment and Color Your Ears were great efforts so I am interested in how his sound has evolved. Reading the promo nonsense I see you've had some electro and techno influences. That could be...good? Right?

Smaplay- "F*cking thing sucks!"

I'm sorry, but did you just sample Bill O'Reilly from the Inside Edition days? I think you did. Kudos. Unfortunately that was the highlight. It's a stipped down full on parade that harkens back to the Alien Project days. It's groovy with a cool sample but it's thinner than Kate Moss at lunchtime after a visit to the toilet.

Posted Image

Yeah, I did.

Bumper- You do know it's 2011 right? A hype DJ goin' on about lettin the bass drop? Couple this with a weak break and buildup and it's not for me. Some groovy parts sure, but a lot of things have some good stuff in them and then don't turn out so...well.

Posted Image

Matching pimp and hoe outfits? Yeah, I don't know when that was a good idea...

Uptime- "In the mean time keep the f*cking music down!"

Emphatic cursing really helps get your point across, ask any comedian today. Yeah it's full-on, but God help me I don't hate it. Don't get me wrong, I want to, I really do. But it has this driving, undulating feeling that I find groovy. But let's be honest it always reverts back to a stripped down version that you've heard...let's see by my count...465,321,755 times. Years ago. Get with the program.

Hannya- This one is more of a slow starter, kinda progressive like. Eventually it builds and has a spacey feel to it. It would be a good soundtrack to something badass happening. Full-on? You bet, but I've heard way worse. You have to...you know you have.

Loft- At this point I'm pretty sure what I'm gonna get from this disc. Just when I'm ready to trash it he brings that driving style that appeals to me. Pumping and great music for the car. Sounds like stuff from Glowing Flame which I think we can all appreciate. I just wish he would keep doing that. Good stuff.

Starter- There is definitely some electro shenanigans going on here. Wailing leads make me think this needs to be played at a big club where you can just be you. Even with the hige kick it's minimal sounding and I don't care for the stuff myself, kinda empty. Just kept looking at my watch waiting for something interesting to happen. That time never came.

4Freaks- This could possibly be the worst track of all time. Hold on..getting a text from Lamont

Posted Image

I know dude, it's really hard to believe. Why would he put this on the album? "I wanna freak you." Really?

Posted Image

High on Coke and Jell-O pudding pops, upon hearing this track Bill Cosby was sent into a swoon in which he may never recover. When asked for comment the only response was a torrent of nonsensical gibberish.

Old Faces- See, now he's just f*ckin' with me. More of the driving style with synths screaming above the beat. It's like that cartoon about the frog that can sing when nobody is looking, but as soon as someone else peeks...ribbit.

Posted Image

Wipe that smile off your face. You're making me look like an idiot.

Sound of Goa- This was actually a great track. Close your mouth, you look ridiculous. While not really goa, it may be as close as he gets. It drifts with chopped up choirs and has some really cool bass sounds. The leads and strings are also impressive as a story is told. Hey Imba, shoot him an email and see if he would be open to a goa album. Best track on the whole enchilada.

Surfer- Last track and he pulls out a progressive number. It's minimalistic sounding, but it's got some deep bass and funk to it. 2nd best track that makes me want to get dirty.

Posted Image

This is what it is. A full-on album with some big beats and groovy quality. This is what PTX creates. Like most full-on there is some cheese and some generic crap also. Still, when he nails a track he nails it. Most tracks had some good parts in them, but they were far too brief. He shows flashes of brilliance and the ability to create a banger, but it's not the deepest release I've heard. Far from it. Unfortunately I also found it was the weakest of all his albums. Slightly above average full-on which is still miles better than anything I could make.

Psyshop

Beatspace

GoaStore

Mdk