CD REVIEWS??

Guest Drat Mafia

You know, its really very annoying that you have to be a member to write a review of a cd...there were a few wankers that used to post bull shit on the reviews but u got the general idea if a cd was good...it's better than 1/2 of the cd's without any review at all...

Guest krize

the ones running the server were fed up with all the bullshit (and belive me it was really bad)... I dont think they wanted to do this, but rather had too ....

sad but true Drat Mafia .... :(

Guest MAnic

THe owners of this site who intoduced the login name effectively wrote the death sentence for this site. I dont even bother looking for a review now because there are either no reviews or maybe one or 2 that give no real indication to what the cd is actually like. It was bearable when they had the old system, all they needed was a moderator or two to delete the offtopic or inflamatory replies. I aso don't know what happened to the English guy who was running the Psyreviews site-suspect that he maybe couldnt have been arsed or hes fucked off somewhere.

Any reccomendations for a good review site ?? forum isratrance is Ok but

www.psychedelicmarket.com is better.

Anyway my 2 cents worth.

Guest Drat Mafia

well if any psynews owners? )children, anoebis etc) are reading this i would be happy to moderate reviews section as long as this stoopid login thing is removed...

@ Psyfi, that explains why I have had no answer from Children about getting a password.

Man, if they are going to consider it a forum and not answer emails (which I can understand because obviously they have lives outside this site), then why not just drop the password system!!! The site would run itself again. Then the two best parts of the site (the reviews and forum) would both be active!?!

Guest Drat Mafia

hmm...what is the need for a whole crew to run this site? i'm sure there are enough people on this forum willing to lend a hand whether it be posting new cd's or removing the many pricks that just dribble nonsense in the reviews section...of course...i guess cd's could be reviewed in the forum...perhaps a new section called 'cd reviews' but then i guess the whole databass thing is lost. it just seems a pitty that all the time people have put in to the site as a whole is just gonna be forgotten...Khogg...well said :)

Guest Drat Mafia

is it really traveller...another helpful post here. It's not 'BS' as u put it because in most cases there is an in depth review about a cd from a regular user of the site...its those with the name 'alien project is shit' (for example) that write a load of uninformative bollox, howvere, if u have 1/2 a brain u skip past these posts...

One or two really doesn't give an indication for me (at least, an indication I can trust), and that has nothing to do with the quality of the one or two reviews. One person's review is just that--one person's opinion. Now, if ten people all speak favorably about something, and if their descriptions of the music style/sound all agree, then that really says something to me. Or even if eight out of ten people agree. Whatever, you get the point. Problem is, nowadays you're lucky to find even one review of a CD. That's just not good enough.