4 Red Button / Orca

5 Switch Craft / Rubix Qube

6 Black (Cybernetix Rmx) / Biorhythm

7 Point Of no Return / Mantis

8 Breathing Liquid / Slug

9 Tonic Clonic / Ctrl+Alt+Del

More twilight music?

Posted Image

Don't mind if I do! Fresh of the review of Arecibo Chronicles Vol. 1 I was surprised to see another twilight compilation with almost the identical artists. Well you know if one pizza is good, 2 pizzas are twice so. Organik Media is a South African psy label that is quickly following in the footsteps of Timecode and Nexus Media. Twilight intensity with melody and atmosphere is the name of the game. I've heard 2 of their compilations before, that being Classical Distortions and Digital Decadance. Both were pretty good (reviews imminent) with the latter being spectacular. Compiled by the Cybernetix duo they aim...no wait. What the f*ck is up with that cover? How in the hell does that signify Disco Meat Market? Word on the street is this was the original cover, but they didn't think it would sell.

Posted Image

Ode To Orff- "Thank you for trying this demo."

South African Shane Renew's debut album Chemistry was an awesome release back in 2009. Total twilight madness. He picks up right where he left off with a funky groove and laser precise synths. What's cool is he combines this with an operatic song Carmina Burana from German composer Carl Orff. I remember it from the first Conan movie, but that was back in 82 before you guys were even born. So I might as well have said from the first moon landing. Now this could've been a disaster, but he makes it work. Why? Because he uses it and doesn't let it dominate the track. His crazy synths and lasers do the heavy lifting with the opera in the background for atmosphere. Well played sir.

Log Off- "Chemical reactions involve change on two levels. Matter and energy. When a reaction is gradual the change in energy is slight. But if a reaction happens quickly...the faster they undergo change, the more violent the explosion."

Case in point. Sit my son down and let him drink his chocolate milk and everything is rosy. Give it to him and let him run around and you're spending the next hour cleaning up the inevitable result. Craig Hudson who seems perfectly content to appear on compilations rather than release a full album Logs Off with a pretty straight forward track. Nothing groundbreaking, but solid nonetheless.

Zerotox V2.0- This collaboration destroyed it on Arecibo Chronicles Vol. 1 with their Nano Tech remix and they blow the doors off again here. Fast bass line and acid assaults bring the power as leads swirl from the darkness. It growls and screams at the same time with maximum intensity. Keep an eye on these guys cause they are kicking ass and taking names.

Red Button- Alon Lifer isn't afraid to crack a few heads to get his danceable point across. Liked Fist of Fury very much thank you sir. The laser leads scrape with Frozen Ghost frenzy and for the most part it's pretty great, but I can see where that lead can get annoying, especially with the build up. But it ain't so bad that you have to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Keep the kid. If you don't want it Angelina or Madonna will adopt it.

Posted Image

Go ahead...you know you want to.

Switch Craft- South African Kieron Grieve has delivered some of the best quality twilight psytrance in recent memory, but somehow I feel he gets overlooked. He really paints a post apocalyptic picture with this one. Very industrial sounding but what's up with the profanity laced sample? Not that I have a problem with a little vulgarity, but cursing for cursing's sake seems weak. F*ck me? F*ck you!

Posted Image

Dick Snot Pussy...thank you very much. Too old for you guys?

Great song though with its laser barrage and heavy beat. You could do a lot worse, partner.

Black(Cybernetix Remix)- I guess nobody likes Biorhythm's tracks because artists seem to be remixing a lot of them. These two guys on the remix have a skill that is easily heard. They get it. Grungy, dark, and pumping. Sounds like my first time! Hi-Yo! Please tip your waitress, I'll be here all week.

Seriously, I will. The scratchy lead just oozes dirt, love it. They got the lasers too, along with the eerie carnival feeling. Freaks. Half expect to see Violent J with a carving knife. The climax is a juicy lesson in anticipation as it funks with your mind. Groovy sh*t, ladies.

Point of No Return- "This is it. We've gone past the point of no return."

You said that already. I get it. This is Chris Hoy right? Aka sHiFt, aka Mr. Kicknutz. You spooky sonofabitch bringing that little twinkling sound to put me ill at ease. See now he does guitars right. You know, where it actually sounds like a guitar. Has that crunch to it. Dark and brooding with a penchant for rocking out. I bet he would be good to see live. This track is pretty loud and in your face typical in his style. I don't care for the repetitive sample, but I like how the final bit combines everything in a wave of sound.

Breathing Liquid- Liam Gibbs (one half of Pitch Hikers) is another South African that continues to hold it down. The best part of this track for me was the break, as a new melody was introduced. Sounded like a zither. Who uses a zither? Anyway, his weaving of the synths with a plucked string is also impressive, but I think this one isn't that great. Not bad, but I have heard more powerful and intense stuff from him.

Tonic Clonic- I don't know who this artist is, but some tracks I've heard weren't very strong. Why you would want to name a track after a seizure is beyond me though. This however isn't that bad. It's fairly detailed and I had a good time listening to all the nuances of the track in the beginning. Sure it's much tamer than the previous tracks, but it is the final one on the disc. But the more I listened to it, the weaker it became.

While not as good as Arecibo Chronicles, it places a close second. If you're like me and are always up for some good twilight music, this is a good choice.

Psyshop

Beatspace

SaikoSounds

GoaStore

Mdk

While not as good as Arecibo Chronicles, it places a close second. If you're like me and are always up for some good twilight music, this is a good choice.

Exactly my thoughts.