4 Instant Summer / Klopfgeister
5 Puppetmaster / Motion Drive and Flowjob
6 Nostalgia / Normalize
7 Floater / Ritmo and Rocky
8 Mojo / Juiced
9 End Of Line / Reverse

When a new release from Iono hits my hands this is my reaction:

orgasm.gif

This label is the best progressive trance label when it comes to atmospheric and melodic trance and they are an instabuy. They just seem to have a knack for putting together compilations that put you into the clouds. I suppose if my physics training is to be believed for every action there is an equal but opposite reaction. This is how feel when another CPU album comes out:

leave-in-disgust.gif

For those that think that is harsh, did you hear Eat This?

Key In- This is Osher Swisser or one half of Ananda Shake. I heard the Shake's last album...and it, uh...well

Vomit.gif

Progressive trance seems to be where he excels however, as this track is beautiful. A nice mid tempo joint with plenty of effects and reverberating melodies. The kick and bass are deliciously warm as the track bounces along with smooth synths and soothing melodies. Firmly planted in the Iono Music style it was an excellent way to open the compilation.

Deep Passion- Never heard of this artist (shocker!) but more sweeps and synth echoes that allow the brain to drift. It's not that complicated, but it flows well. I can picture myself on the beach watching the sailboats float by as the afternoon wind blows. Dreamy stuff.

Everything Can Change- Continuing with the introduction of new artists, Xshade provides what seems to be his second track. Bubbling sounds sneak in between long sweeps and a one note bass line. In a repeated formula for the album, it's atmosphere rich without a dominating melody. The break arrives and the dreaminess continues as the effects rain down. This track is great and it just creates a long floating ride with the ocean just over there.

Instant Summer- "Hello from the children of Planet Earth."

I still haven't heard his Sunflavoured album, but all the other tracks by him are quite impressive. Let me tell you this track rules. The sounds are soft like your girlfriend's behind post moisturizing. And if I know your girlfriend (and I think I do!) just as comforting.

The synths weave effortlessly between each other and that break is nothing short of magical. This is the definition of floating, drifting trance. Well, done master!

Puppetmaster- Man, this CD is f*cking awesome! Another team-up brings a slight housey feel to things. The effects are again top notch and I would almost label this ready for the shores of Ibiza what with the female vocal. At the same token it is also the most aggressive track here so,...psygressive?

The sample about the puppetmaster is kinda cheesy, but everything else makes this a very groovy and enjoyable trip. Hands down the most visible melody on the compilation. The final bit is groovy and dreamy to the, um...10th power. Feel that...that's sunshine my friend.

Nostalgia- Tasos Koinis is another of the up and coming progressive producers with a handful of released stuff. This is another smash steeped in mellow smoothness. The synths aren't harsh, but lush. The beat gallops at a steady pace and the break is a short respite. With a churning lead to guide the sun's rays feel warm indeed.

Floater- Progressive Jesus teams up with Rocky for a very detailed romp along the shore. It's a biochemical system that makes you want to dance you know. Well, that and alcohol. And maybe some other pharmaceuticals.

The synths are delicate touches that rise above the washes yet it still is a driving force. Pretty damn good!

Mojo- This one has a faster bass line with more echoes that fade into the sunset. Nothing remarkable about it even though it still has the Iono style. One thing noticeable here is the lack of a main melody. There are a couple of smaller ones connected by great effects work. Still, the work that is done has me doing this

HenEqIV.gif

End of Line- With the final track, Mario drops a gem, I tell ya! Such smooth flowing vibes with zero wasted space. The effects create such a rich atmosphere that I am enveloped in this. Mournful echoes ring above a steady bassline as the break cascades gently over you like a Caribbean wave. Awesome track.

I like to think of myself as open minded. On my MP3 player is Billy Joel, Onyx, Mindsphere, and Coldplay. Though liberal leaning, I still sometimes watch FOX News to see what the other side is saying. Which unfortunately usually results in this emotion:

th_longfacepalm.gif

My point is that it cannot be 100 miles an hour all the time. Sometimes you need to step back and just...glide. Progressive trance done well can put you in the clouds and the only limit is your imagination. Nobody does that better than Iono and that is the case here. Atmosphere is the name of the game with melodies sprinkled in so that you can always see the sun. Another great addition to my collection. Highly recommended.

Saikosounds

Goastore

Mdk

• 1 year later...

This is one of the better releases from Iono, not that they have much average releases. But seriously, there wasn't a track that didn't get to me. All of them were great. My favorite tracks from this compilation is Everything Can Change.. really great stuff and very original also. Can't think of a song similar to this one. Other favorites are Key In, Nostalgia and Puppetmaster.

And T2MU, I understand when you say the sample from Puppetmaster is kind of cheezy. I was thinking just that. The track would be perfect without that, but that's just a small thing. This compilation is wonderful. :)