2. leaving eden (album version)

3. killer-born

4. no surface (extended version)

5. love again

6. sacred place

7. pure essence

8. baby boom (Sunstryk remix)

Ace Ventura

I like progressive trance with it's rumbling basslines and melodies soaked in reverb. Throw in the effects and you've got yourself a good immersive listening experience. There are a pile of artists that can make such beautiful music so there is plenty to enjoy. Plusquam Records has quite the history and discography with artists like Haldolium, Liquid Soul and of course Sunstryk. Their music ranges from progressive to house and all that stuff in between. I have heard a few tracks of Thomas Vitali (who now runs the show at Plusquam) on several compilations and I will say one thing...he likes it long. Insert joke here. His tracks are routinely over 9 minutes and this disc is no exception.

The tracks are dreamy and have a floating quality about them. There are plenty of melodies to taste and I would say his style is entrancing. With track lengths pushing 10-12 minutes on some the mind easily becomes submerged in what he is trying to create. Some say that too long of a track can be boring, but if you want to delve deep and be hypnotized this album will help you achieve that goal. The first couple of songs were good, not great, until the extended version of "No Surface." An absolutely blistering trip down progressive avenue. I believe him to be at his best when creating a somewhat dark or introspective track. What I mean by that is he excels in the not so bright and sunny business. Melancholy leads and pads are the name of the game and he is good at them.

So I would recommend this to anyone who wants to lay down, put some headphones on, and experience some well made progressive trance. It is not without its flaws, but it gets the job done. Pretty well actually.

Beatspace

Goa Store

Mdk

• 5 weeks later...