MINIMAL IS DEAD!!!!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mijis

Actually minimal is not dead , thanks to the new album by akd , and if minimal is dead its because it bacame progressive , and people believe me progressive is stonger than ever thanks to real musicians (not like the mayority of psy producers ) , real djs (not like almost all psy djs ) and good taste listeners ( not like your so called p.l.u.r community who only thinks in drugs and hard beats ) .

Progressive ,psy ambient , house and some minimal = Good and real Music

Psy : hard beats with the same bass and the same boring samples

Guest D-Dave

Rofl, Mijis, your remarks were the most pathetic I´ve seen in a long time.

Kind of the wrong topic to try to convince anyone about the wonder of minimal/progressive/house/whatever music.

Like, yeah you´re right, psy is crap, thanks for telling me, now Im gonna listen to progressive. NOT!

Can't we all just be friends!?! LOL!

Can't we all just admit there are some good albums made in all styles?

Although I must admit; I'm happy to see the overwhelming minimal craze finally dying down to a more reasonable level. Remember back when every single release was just CD after CD of empty emotionless hissess ticks and monotonous beats with no trippy sounds? *yack*

Mind you, it could be said that now most releases are all full-on clones.

It goes in cycles! What can be next I wonder?

well....

being a big fan of minimal

its not dead. its just not every album that comes out.

which is better in my opinion. there was too much crap minimal coming out...now maybe the ones that do come out will be worth hearing cuz all the crappy artists gave up, and now only the good ones are left.

although i will admit...the new spirallianz is a freaking disaster. im sooo disapointed in that thing. the new ticon is pretty worthless also. i havent heard the new shiva chandra yet...ill keep my fingers crossed for that one......and wait patiently for a new son kite release.

Guest The Invisible Man

we have to be careful with carbon-copy full-on releases though. you know, alien project style...

Guest Setsuko

calm down people , this is ridiculous

there is still lot's of fresh groovy minimal psytrance around ...

Shiva Chandra - Faktor D - Irresistible Meltdown 2 - Trancefeld

but the style is just not accesisble for every psy freak .. but do you hear me flaming about the other psytrance genres that are just not my taste .. starting childish topics and stuff... no way

imo progressive fans just don't care about music they don't like ... they don't see psytrance as the best and intelligent music there is ... we just dance , listen and have fun , the rest is a waste of time .

Guest Bahamut

sorry, but PROGRESSIVE (TRANCE) = stuff like Sasha, Deep Dish, James Holden

..please give your style another name because this is confusing ;)

Guest jack sainsbury

i must say that i am happy, i like all sorts of psytrance but it needs psychadelic sounds, i need stuff to interest me, not just plod. plod. plod yeah

you guys are making one huge mistake here..

progressive trance, minimal trance, full on.. they are not psytrance but just trance.. if music is psytrance it better be psychedelic..

btw progressive trance, minimal trance, full on all suck..

Guest DeeperNET

It's a shame you say that... Although, I dont feel minimal is dead, I just started enjoying it not too long ago. There are some great minimal artists out there. I've mainly listened to full on psy for the past 6 years, and never gave minimal a trance. Just the world 'minimal' gave me the impression that it was boring. The amount of detail that 'some' of these 'minimal' artists put into their rhythms is amazing. It's hard to even label it minimal for the most part. Thier psychedelia is in there... oozing, if you get in the 'zone'. It actually took me a recent trip to understand fully.

I still enjoy full on for the most part... But definitly respect artists putting that work in for us to enjoy it. I say keep all forms of psychedelic rolling...

Not to bash any people here, I find it hard to believe you even know what psychedelic is! ahem... Not all, but look above. Yes, right above. Sad...

Guest DeeperNET

Ok, I'm really tired, I made lots of spelling/word mistakes. Heres my revision:

"It's a shame you say that... Although, I dont feel minimal is dead, I just started enjoying it not too long ago. There are some great minimal artists out there. I've mainly listened to full on psy for the past 6 years, and never gave minimal a chance. Just the word 'minimal' gave me the impression that it was boring. The amount of detail that 'some' of these 'minimal' artists put into their rhythms is amazing. It's hard to even label it minimal for the most part. Thier psychedelia is in there... oozing, if you get in the 'zone'. It actually took me a recent trip to understand fully.

I still enjoy full on for the most part... But definitly respect artists putting that work in for us to enjoy it. I say keep all forms of psychedelic rolling...

Not to bash any people here, I find it hard to believe you even know what psychedelic is! ahem... Not all, but look above. Yes, right above. Sad..."

Don't ask :)

ooops, I didn't really mean to start a flame war, it was merely something I observed out of the new releases that have been hitting us lately. I mean, from 99 to 02, like 90% new releases were minimal, now it's changing. And yes, I'm pushing a sigh of relief cause I'm more into full-on. But I didn't intend to bash minimal...

SMI²LE

Guest Blaaargh

Well I intend to bash minimal! I think its fun!

KILL KILL KILL!

(One hour in a 10 hour set is fine, but NO MORE!!!)

Guest lumpi

I think a lot of minimal tracks are way more psychedelic and interesting than most full on crap nowadays (there are exceptions of course)!

Just my opinion