Pleiadians - I.F.O.

Guest Daniel

Oh My God......wow......after Infected Mushroom I would have to say Pleiadians are my next favorite psy-trance producers.....I love there album I.F.O.....I'm going to invest in getting their 2nd release as well....wow, I'm impressed....I've heard a lot of good things about I.F.O. but I never knew how true all the buzz was until just now :)

Yeah, I agree. Great stuff. Beware, however, that Family of Light is a little different. When I first heard it I was very disappoined because I listened to it in relation to IFO, when it should be dealt with on its own merits. Congrats. :)

Guest spacemonkey

your a lucky man for finding that gem daniel (found it on 2lp not too long ago myself ;-).

it indeed is one of psy/goa's masterpieces.

FOL is different, but i woudln't say it less good, well no as good as IFO, but very good too!

IFO just jeeps amazing me, all the sounds and melodies and twists are just amazing and make it a top3 album.

Guest spacemonkey

well you got to understand that when your cool enough to declare this site dead, anything older then 1 year isn't "hip"enough for you, so you gotta keep up with the latest trends in psytrance, and wear the appropiate blingbling goa wear.

Guest Kiph T. Elephant

Bah Towelie... I was bored of the next Shpongle album already two years ago. ;-) I agree that it indeed is sooo 2004.

As for I.F.O... After all the hype I was quite surprised by how average this album was when I finally heard it. Not my style really... way too clean (talking about the music itself not the mastering or anything), not groovy enough and kinda cheesy. Then again, I've never been a huge fan of the psytrance/goa classics... except maybe shpongle I do like (but they're not exactly psytrance). I'm looking forward to getting bored of all their future albums too :-).

You may now continue praising this album. :-)

Guest Daniel

I'm finding that a lot of older psy trance albums are pleasing me a lot more. As my electronic backgroud was rooted with highy melodic (some would call cheesy) vocal trance and typical non-vocal melodic trance, I like the older morning/full on albums. I never got into the minimalistic sounding psy albums....full on and morning is the way to go. I'm very very picky when it comes to psy....my rule is that if a song is going to on for 7 + minutes it better keep me entertained all the way through.

I.F.O. is a great album, full of chaotic effects and melodies, just full on music that keeps me entertained. I just got the MFG album "The Prophecy", hmmm, well it's alright, nothing blew me away, but it's do-able. I'm not finding many albums that stimulate me.

I'm VERY much looking forward to some brand new artists albums this year, the debut from Nystagmus and the debut from Talpa.....they both are going to be great (I hope).

I third that suggestion for New Kind of World. Their best album in my opinion.

Parts of the Prophecy sound a bit too old and nintendo like, but there are still a few great tracks on it... like Overload for instance!

Guest Mike Indidginus

Yeah Kiph, Shpongled went out with Duran Duran ;) I can't believe people are *still* talking about it ;)

Guest peaceful warrior

Yeah I.F.O. is one of my prized possesions. What a gem! I definitely agree that it is one of the classics. You don't know Goa fully until you know I.F.O.

BTW Daniel, do you like Hallucinogen's Twisted album? In my opinion and the opinion of many others, Twisted is one of the definite classics in this genre. MFG are pretty damn good but I never got into them as deep as these other artists.