First Post! - Trance video from a hotel

RocketMan

Hey everyone. This is my absolute first post since finding the site. What better way than to start a new thread and ask a question.

A few years ago, I stayed at the Goylord National hotel in DC for a convention. On one of the hotel's personalized channels, they had a really cool, trance-like video they played non-stop. I would turn the channel on before going to bed each night.

Then, about a year later, my wife and I stayed at the Venetian in Vegas. They had the same track running, but it was constantly interrupted by hotel promotions. Regardless, I kept it on and listened whenever the video came on.

Does anyone here know how to find this video? Is there a service that sells these things to hotels that I can scroll through? My wife loved it too and I want to buy it somewhere.

(I called the hotel A/V departments twice. Got me nowhere.)

Jon

100th post! And it only took me just shy of six years!

Absolutely not useful to the person who asked the question.

Mr. Rocketman, tell us more. What did it look like? Was it only visuals, could you see people, what kind of music?

For example, if I show you this, does that match more or less? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK5veWS_Bqs

Absolutely not useful to the person who asked the question.

Mr. Rocketman, tell us more. What did it look like? Was it only visuals, could you see people, what kind of music?

For example, if I show you this, does that match more or less? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK5veWS_Bqs

Hi Mars,

It was something like that. The tempo was slower. Had lots of orange in it. Definitely had psychedelic effect.

A slower tempo doesn't leave many possibilities.

This kind maybe?

Give me a few days to search amongst my psy videos collection and I'll get back to you anyway.

A slower tempo doesn't leave many possibilities.

This kind maybe?

Give me a few days to search amongst my psy videos collection and I'll get back to you anyway.

That is much more like the tempo. And it's a cool video. I appreciate you looking into it. Are there specific companies that market this kind of music to hotels? Maybe I can check there. I'm also scrolling through youtube, but have a feeling if someone sells it to hotels, they're not posting on youtube.

I'd suggest calling the hotel to get the name of the company that distributes that media. If it's really "personalized" for that particular hotel, that might be an easier path.

It's good advice. I called them a few times and hit dead ends. I am waiting to hear from their IT and Audio/Video departments.

I'm not sure that it is custom the one hotel. When we staying in Vegas, the Palazzo/Ventian had it too. And I dont believe they are a Garlord franchise.

uh, well, good luck...

such stuff is mostly produced by some media company ... made of videos in a huge library, bought together from other media companies. probably like in our TV station ... huge archives of music, takes months to listen through.

sorry if that didn't help, I'd just like to point out that without a more concrete hint it's next to impossible to find out some medium-downtempo type of music video, given the fact that this might be not even known in the scene. don't you have any other hints? any samples, mantras, images, indian voices, buddhas, temples, whatever?

• 5 weeks later...

I finally found some time to fetch my video collection...I have a good dozen candidates.

Just help refine, were the visuals completely abstract or were there recognizable shapes or people?

Other question: when you say there was a lot of orange in it, was it mostly orange for the whole video length, or was it just a specific part bursting with orange?

Other question: was the video long? Like 5 min or like 60 min?

Other question: if it was pretty long, was the music changing over time or did it sound like a very, very long track?

Other question: were there any comments, like in documentary?

Please, any detail counts.