Movies that won't get made...

Sentinel

This is a psychadelic underwater space movie. Set in the year 2180 after the polar ice caps have melted and it's all water. Humans can do nothing but float on rough pieces of wood. Then alien ships enter the sky - the 'Gettenberg' ships. A couple of girls look at each other in surprise or whatever. So the aliens are taking over and build giant underwater cities. The aliens are called the 'Galeid' and they're big dark reptillian creatures, and they choose names for people and stuff. However they are not the most advanced of the aliens. They are really working for the Monastic Kings which are a masked breed of super-evolved cats. They are but a mere reflection of their former self and have magical powers. They have names like 'King Stycore', 'King Dyson', 'King Glebe'. Theres even a more advanced version of them which are more like ghosts. They're called the 'Transparencies' and appear later in the movie. The movie basically has a couple of guys - Joey Harpooner, and Andy Reptillian (named by the Galeid) and a human princess - Laura Dreimus aka Laura Delorin Qua daughter of Sophia Delorin Qua (named by the Galeid - rathar stupid) helping them to escape a city and help Geronimo Litehart - an old wizard to find the Lifeforce crystal which the aliens are after. The escape plan is ruined and Joey and Andy get sentenced to work on a ship somewhere. There they steal an alien 'Vapour pod'-both air and water capable - and escape evading an alien ship which chases them. They escape to Sky city. Eventually they meet up with Laura and they find the Lifeforce crystal which is huge and gives them special powers. They use the crystal to beat the aliens with the human freedom fighters in a massive underwater battle. It's not over as a dark vessel draws Lifeforce energy away from the humans so they need to take it down. In a 'Death star' like finale in a dark industrial tunnel like structure they battle the Flikaars (the Kings) in their Fortran Fighters. Eventually they win and are succesful. The Queen makes a speech about respecting lower lifeforms and such and then the aliens blue Supersphere is shown at the end as a precursor to the next movie. The full list of movies:

Atlantis: Alien Supremacy

Atlantis 2: The New Era

Atlantis 3: The Stone Of Guya

Atlantis 4: Trouble In The Petra System

I would have had so much fun making these (and money) but they're completely impossible.

A good movie based on a video game.

I know there's a Castlevania movie coming up and I have these ideas of how that could be an awesome dark, twisted, evil and atmospheric movie, but you just know they will rape it and turn it into a popcorn cheese fest like Transformers.

Transformers was such an opportunity to make an ultra cool dark cyberpunk scifi movie, but look what they did to it... jesus, they couldn't even get the robots right with that disgusting shiny look.

Why can't they use such cool franchises to make something serious for once!

A good movie based on a video game.

I know there's a Castlevania movie coming up and I have these ideas of how that could be an awesome dark, twisted, evil and atmospheric movie, but you just know they will rape it and turn it into a popcorn cheese fest like Transformers.

Transformers was such an opportunity to make an ultra cool dark cyberpunk scifi movie, but look what they did to it... jesus, they couldn't even get the robots right with that disgusting shiny look.

Why can't they use such cool franchises to make something serious for once!

I agree 100%. Transformers had huge potential. They should have made it darker, kinda like what they did to Batman. I like the new Batman.

You know, a Starcraft movie could very well happen, but I suppose Avatar technology might be too much to ask :(

Perhaps. But just imagine if you replace the silly Navi on their tippy toes with a badass Protoss zealot. That would look awesome :)

Maybe. I don't care at the moment, because I want them to release part II of the game damnit!! :D

Warcraft movie is coming.

I know. WarCraft, yawn. We're done with all the fantasy LOTR crap now. Let's get some sci-fi.

My first movie idea was the most sci fi I had. It's called:

The Ester Foundation

It begins with a shot which I thought looked so artistic and cool. It's a shot of a landscape, green and white with space above. It's a moon called Carina 12. The whole art and style of the movie is meant to be similar. It's about a company of cool guys wearing suits and sunglasses doing their business in a war in the future (2496). They're kind of mysterious for reasons I won't give away. And a soldier in the war gets drawn into investigating them, they manufacture chemicals and chemical weapons, their base is on venus where there are labs and workers. There's a big dark industrial planet from another planetary system where there's stuff like giant tripod like surveyors and hi-tech trains and business people. There's a new chemical the company has come up with to sell that can enhance insects into use as soldiers. Stuff like that. The movie is impossible but I'm gonna try and make it into a game.

My dream sci-fi movie would take place in a huge, and I mean huuuge space station. A city in space with a couple of million inhabitants: all kinds of different cultures, aliens, cyborgs and robots. Big spaceships and docking bays all around the exterior of the station. It's a central meeting place and trading spot for an entire galaxy, teeming with activity.

It got to have that dark and misty atmosphere like blade runner. It should definately not be bright colored and abstract. It must look organic, almost like the entire station is alive.

When you watch the movie you will totally feel a part of it. At some points you'll see windows in the background with a view on the stars, or have a wide view of the interior of the space station so you can marvel at the enormity and complexity of the structure... there will be all sorts of tubes that connect the different parts of the station and little ships flying around.

The story will start somewhere in a bar in the dangerous outskirts of the station, where the main character, a nobody, overhears a couple of twisted looking aliens plotting some evil plan... :D

My dream sci-fi movie would take place in a huge, and I mean huuuge space station. A city in space with a couple of million inhabitants: all kinds of different cultures, aliens, cyborgs and robots. Big spaceships and docking bays all around the exterior of the station. It's a central meeting place and trading spot for an entire galaxy, teeming with activity.

It got to have that dark and misty atmosphere like blade runner. It should definately not be bright colored and abstract. It must look organic, almost like the entire station is alive.

When you watch the movie you will totally feel a part of it. At some points you'll see windows in the background with a view on the stars, or have a wide view of the interior of the space station so you can marvel at the enormity and complexity of the structure... there will be all sorts of tubes that connect the different parts of the station and little ships flying around.

The story will start somewhere in a bar in the dangerous outskirts of the station, where the main character, a nobody, overhears a couple of twisted looking aliens plotting some evil plan... :D

Nice! Write the screenplay!

Some visuals for you: http://settlement.arc.nasa.gov/70sArt/art.html

Here's a similar one:

Earth was doomed. A major, international initiative was created to use much of Earth's remaining resources and ingenuity to build a giant ship to carry colonists to a new planet. The new planet, many light years away, had been chosen for its Earth-like chemical signature. The humans are not put in stasis, so the film focuses on the many generations of humans that live on the ship, and the sociology, folklore, madness and adaptation that occur over thousands of years of travel through nearly empty space. Their destination becomes increasingly mystical as they adapt to living in the confines of their artificial world. Do they make it onto the new Earth when they finally arrive? Do they all want to? Do they even remember why they're there?

Nice! Write the screenplay!

Some visuals for you: http://settlement.arc.nasa.gov/70sArt/art.html

Here's a similar one:

Earth was doomed. A major, international initiative was created to use much of Earth's remaining resources and ingenuity to build a giant ship to carry colonists to a new planet. The new planet, many light years away, had been chosen for its Earth-like chemical signature. The humans are not put in stasis, so the film focuses on the many generations of humans that live on the ship, and the sociology, folklore, madness and adaptation that occur over thousands of years of travel through nearly empty space. Their destination becomes increasingly mystical as they adapt to living in the confines of their artificial world. Do they make it onto the new Earth when they finally arrive? Do they all want to? Do they even remember why they're there?

Why don't you just explain (put clearly) what you are doing?

Why don't you just explain (put clearly) what you are doing?

Because you you you you you you.

Goldenrod shuttle miasma. Leprechaun tantamount alleviation. Recursive looking-glass hegemony. Radical sensitive tautology. Intelligent vestibule zoology. Kinky aberrant wastelands. Phosphorescent geminid disposal. Crust, chop, chain, lop, spiral, hindsight, elevation, wicker sycophant.

Any more questions?

I may as well put another movie idea I thought was really cool that won't get made:

Island Of The Green Lagoon

This is about the curse of William Carl Wallace the IIIrd who was a Scottish pirate. Kimberley is explaining the curse during a party in the attic of a house. 'Carl' was a pirate captain who went trekking alone on an island in the carribean in the 18th century, when he returned to his ship he killed all of his crew - the island had somehow engulfed him and turned him into a slimey green bacterial monster. It was a carnivorous plant that had digested him in a slimey bacterial green lagoon. So these group of kids are going to this island for a celebration after winning a school football championship. Well pretty soon they start getting killed by Carl, the bacteria regenerating in his veins had prolonged his life. The kill scenes are like: 'Pizzaface Brian' gets slammed frozen in a fridge in a wooden lake house... stuff like that all at night. Then the survivors kimberley, andrew, peter find the pirate ship and escape. They read the log revealing the horror of the crew as carl killed them, dress up in carl's clothes and play cards and it's daytime now. Carl has been hiding on the mast. He ropes down to finish them off. Peter gets shot in the stomach as he's being held off the ground and Carl shows his rotting teeth as he smiles, andrew has to walk off the plank blindfolded leaving kimberley. She perches herself up against the wall of a cabin as Carl approaches her wearing a crown and holding a cutlass. She screams 'what do you want from me!...'. She gets an idea and throws her ring in front of a concealed cannon... Carl is interested because it reminds him of his mistress. As he inspects it she waves a lighter at him and he laughs. Then she unconceals the cannon and carls face goes blank. Thew cannonball shoots him out of the ship and it explodes in the air splatting the slime everywhere. His crown floats to the seabed. The End.

Cool.

Posted Image

I was thinking of a structure that looks similar to this on the outside, but then so huge that it's impossible to imagine.

The interior isn't a dense deck after deck structure, but instead will have a very open structure so you actually need little ships or transportation tubes to go from one part of the station to another. The different parts of the station almost seem like floating islands, but they're all connected somehow... like a spider web.

There will be platforms where you can look all around you and can't even see that you're in an enclosed structure because the outer shell is beyond the horizon. :D