7. Kill all the bugs

INSOMNIA

8. Psycodelika

MEKKANIKKA VS PAINKILLER

9. Fresh Sansation

MASSIVE

10. New Goa Tec

PEACE MAKER

This blows. Clear enough for you? I would've thought that over time this kind of non substantive drivel would have been squeezed out of the scene, but unfortunately no. It's this kind of derivative crap that drove me to listen to progressive and downtempo stuff. I guess I knew that this was fated to disappoint, but I usually like most of the artists represented here. This is the same label that put out The Atari.s Space Invaded and Cosmosis Psychedelic Melodica right? Painkiller (the poor soul who actually put this train wreck together) has released two full length albums on his own that were quite good. They were very high energy, with great sounds and a super amount of groove on Nutek Records. Forget all of that. What you get here is full on to the bone with paper thin complexity, chock full of annoying buildups and littered with momentum killing stops and starts. This is unimaginative and never allows any sort of flow to be generated. I've stepped in deeper puddles. It's all been done before and much better I might add. This reeks of a blatant cash grab and weak effort, so let me save you from purchasing this. You would get more stimulation from slamming your fingers in a car door. I'm not going through all the tracks because they are all equally crappy. If I had to pick the shiniest turd, I suppose "New Goa Tec" doesn't make me want to shove a sharpened pencil in my ear. As artists, look yourselves in the mirror and tell me that this is the best you can do? Have some pride. Enough of this please.

I don't want to link to it, but I guess I am obliged to.

Mdk