2. Crystal Oscillator

3. Room 237 RMX

4. Chaotic Bliss

5. Groove Attitude

6. Logical Paradox

7. Noise Control (feat. Tim Schuldt)

8. Scorpio Department (feat. Triskell)

9. Direct Access (feat. Lazy Lyzard)

Sonic Motion Records is a French label run by Atyss so here he comes with his debut. I know this label from compilation releases like "Hypnotwist" and "Motion Sensor" and he (Gregory Morand) had a track called "Room 237" on the aforementioned "Hypnotwist" which was an absolute stomper. There is a remix of that very track on this disc. They specialize in what you would call twilight psy, very powerful and ominous. Starting with the cover, it is of bent over human form above a city that is surrounded by what I presume to be speakers. Electricity is of course a by product. Visually striking.

So is this the next big thing that will rock dance floors worldwide? Well, this isn't a bad album, but I have to say I am slightly disappointed. I was expecting a little more than what was given. Insanity, deep melodic layers above a punishing bass line. The sound is groovy and high energy at times, but it feels as though something is missing. The tracks are not as full or epic sounding as they could be and it comes off as rather generic full-on in places. Unfortunately what seems to happen here is that when a good part arrives, the momentum and feel cannot be maintained. Which is odd, because his compilation tracks are heavyweights. It could just be that I am spoiled by Timecode excellence and therefore set the bar impossibly high. Nonetheless, this could've been better with a richer, more involved sound. Now where did I put that Hypnotwist disc again?

Psyshoppage

Mdk

• 5 weeks later...

i agree that his comp tracks were better. this album is nice and i like crystal oscillator and direct access quite a bit but his comp tracks stood out a lot more

thanks dude ;)

Here s an audio video teaser about the album in collaboration with homeostasys

Enjoy

http://www.vimeo.com/8871720

&

2 Tracks in full lenght are available on the myspace player

http://www.myspace.com/atyss

enjoy