PsyUniverse - The Psytrance Music Dimension

psyuniverse.com

Psychedelic greetings from PsyUniverse - The Psytrance Music Dimension.

Posted Image

PsyUniverse is the Psytrance Music Dimension. The place where you will find your friends, favorite artists, videos, photos, music and lots more…

This community is yours. Have fun trying all the features available. We count on everyone to help us develop this community, your feedback is important.

www.psyuniverse.com

@psyuniverse

I already considered this website to be the myspace of the psy community. :P

Thank you for your comment, it's really motivating. We are still on our launching fase, and still have some things to correct and improve, but we already have plans for new features that will expand even more our PsyUniverse.

P.L.U.R.

Here's an idea. Last fm integration. There's no need to have your own scrobbler, just have people input their last fm profile and either have a database of names that are only psy artists or just use the psydb one. Then compare people just based on what particular psy artists they like. Or at the very least have a tab on their profile that's basically just a copy paste of their last fm, I mean it's not original but at least it's better than just a link which people won't bother clicking most of the time, compared to a quick overview of what their top listened artists are.

Ok, just registered and the activation string doesn't work :(

"Hello Liam Hope,

Thank you for registering at PsyUniverse - The PsyTrance Music Dimension. Your account is created and must be activated before you can use it.

To activate the account click on the following link or copy-&-paste it in your browser:

http://www.psyuniverse.com/index.php?option=com_user&task=activate&activation=0e04b143b07f3b60d9d3a9ea5238a378'>http://www.psyuniverse.com/index.php?option=com_user&task=activate&activation=0e04b143b07f3b60d9d3a9ea5238a378

After activation you may login to http://www.psyuniverse.com/ using the following username and password:

Username: Darkarbiter

Password:"

but when I goto the website it says

* The system is unable to find a user with the given activation string. The account may already be activated or their activation code has expired. If it has expired, you need to re-register with this site.

Invalid Activation Link!

There is no such account in our database or the account has already been activated.

Hmm it somehow works anyway without activation, regardless you might want to look into that.

Here's an idea. Last fm integration. There's no need to have your own scrobbler, just have people input their last fm profile and either have a database of names that are only psy artists or just use the psydb one. Then compare people just based on what particular psy artists they like. Or at the very least have a tab on their profile that's basically just a copy paste of their last fm, I mean it's not original but at least it's better than just a link which people won't bother clicking most of the time, compared to a quick overview of what their top listened artists are.

Ok, just registered and the activation string doesn't work :(

"Hello Liam Hope,

Thank you for registering at PsyUniverse - The PsyTrance Music Dimension. Your account is created and must be activated before you can use it.

To activate the account click on the following link or copy-&-paste it in your browser:

http://www.psyuniverse.com/index.php?option=com_user&task=activate&activation=0e04b143b07f3b60d9d3a9ea5238a378

After activation you may login to http://www.psyuniverse.com/ using the following username and password:

Username: Darkarbiter

Password:"

but when I goto the website it says

* The system is unable to find a user with the given activation string. The account may already be activated or their activation code has expired. If it has expired, you need to re-register with this site.

Invalid Activation Link!

There is no such account in our database or the account has already been activated.

Hmm it somehow works anyway without activation, regardless you might want to look into that.

Hi Darkarbiter,

Thanks for your message and heads up.

The confirmation system is working fine, I checked the server logs and it seems you accessed the confirmation link more then once (maybee you reloaded the page on slow connection), and so, the system had already activated your account and was returning the error message.

The lastfm player for the profile is a nice idea which is planned. At the moment we are working on the profile music player, adding new features and colecting opinions from the users on the "PsyUniverse" group.

Music Player Discussion Link

Thanks for your suggestions, please submit other opinions on the group discussion.

P.L.U.R.

Also what's with people uploading the black eyed peas? I mean the beatles or tangerine dream or acid trance or techno or ambient is fair enough non psy stuff, but some pop music? Is this fine or are you going to make some rules about it? Perhaps a non psy music category would be good as well.

The confirmation system is working fine, I checked the server logs and it seems you accessed the confirmation link more then once (maybee you reloaded the page on slow connection), and so, the system had already activated your account and was returning the error message.

I got the same error. I was careful as I read that message before so I paid attention when I received the link on the email. If you look at the logs you will see I clicked the activation link twice, and got that error twice as well.

The user, however, was activated correctly and am happily logged in.

Other than that I was expecting a lame attempt at a social network, this has been tried before, and I have to say I was wrong. Loving the site.

A few other niggles:

* Haven't found a way on the site to contact you guys to report the following

* The photo uploader is not working, the file gets uploaded, the text "1 file uploaded" appears and that's it. Nothing else happens and the pics appear nowhere. I've tried this on FF 3.5 and IE8.

* The site randomly redirects the user to the "invite friends" page

* When using said page, it says nothing about what's gonna do with the login details being entered. My guess is nothing other than logging in on myspace or facebook, but you have to make this clear to the user or they will be less likely to use it.

* I'd go a bit easier on javascript visual effects, especially on big chunks of the page as this is pretty slow (single core 2.4ghz machine here so it ain't a snail). On IE this can be excruciatingly slow.

* Haven't found a way to browse a user's list.

Other than that all seems pretty solid.