135 BPM progressive morning trance preview

Hi there,

Have been working on this track most of today, and have finally decided to put a small preview out there. Looking for some honest feedback :)

Oh, and it's some sort of mellow and melodic progressive psytrance. 135 BPM.

Listen here: http://www.zshare.net/audio/669515837bab5302/

Nice atmosphere you've got going.

Bassline could maybe use a little more punch. Did you filter out alot of mid of the bassline? Also the break is too long imho. Long breaks without any hint of rhythm can really kill a dancefloor. Apart from that you have something nice going on. although it does need more to make a whole track i think.

Good luck!

Nice atmosphere you've got going.

Bassline could maybe use a little more punch. Did you filter out alot of mid of the bassline? Also the break is too long imho. Long breaks without any hint of rhythm can really kill a dancefloor. Apart from that you have something nice going on. although it does need more to make a whole track i think.

Good luck!

Didn't filter out anything of the mid on the bassline actually, but the bass is definitely what's causing most problems (probably due to some problems with acoustics in my room). Some people I've sent it to say it has enough punch, while others think it's not dominant enough. Any recommendations for improvements? Maybe subtly layering it with another bassline in the mid-frequency area could work?

Concerning the break I don't agree with you. It's a little less than a minute, and I personally think it suits the mellow atmosphere of the rest of the track. Thanks a lot for the feedback once again though. Much appreciated :)

Build some diy basstraps? it takes a day but really improves the sound in your room. The more the better. Layering could work, but could also make it more complex without adding anything. Put a similar track (thats well produced) next to yours and listen if it differs from yours. It could also help to put a freq analyzer on your masterbus and see if it becomes an almost straight line except from the lower freqs that are usually a little harder than the rest.

And take a look at all these quality artists you have there in denmark ;) I am sure flowjob for example wouldnt mind helping you out!

And don't forget: the artistic opinion of the supergroover is always a little more equal than that of the other artists :lol:;):P:ph34r::DB):blink::unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Build some diy basstraps? it takes a day but really improves the sound in your room. The more the better. Layering could work, but could also make it more complex without adding anything. Put a similar track (thats well produced) next to yours and listen if it differs from yours. It could also help to put a freq analyzer on your masterbus and see if it becomes an almost straight line except from the lower freqs that are usually a little harder than the rest.

And take a look at all these quality artists you have there in denmark ;) I am sure flowjob for example wouldnt mind helping you out!

And don't forget: the artistic opinion of the supergroover is always a little more equal than that of the other artists :lol:;):P:ph34r::DB):blink::unsure:

I have considered basstraps, but the placement of them is kind of tricky and generally the placement of my setup in the corner of my livingroom is far from perfect. I could of course put the setup in my bedroom, but then I'd just be sitting in there all day. Surely accoustics is my next priority though.

Thanks for the help :)

Pictures from a few months back when I had just moved in:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice looking place, but that glass is a highly reflective surface and you will have all kinds of trouble mixing there.

Try to find a non-square shaped room with few or no windows, or windows covered in heavy drapes.

Avoid monitor placement in corners or adacent to corners and, of course, keep monitors at the level of your ears in an equalateral triangle with your head.

Well, I practically know all that already. It's all about assessing advantages and disadvantages though, and I think the current setup is the best option for me despite the problems with mixing. Yes, I can improve accoustics a lot in my bedroom, but I simply don't want my setup in there - I spend a lot of time at my computer, and I don't want to sit in my bedroom all day, and I also want to be able to sit and make music till late in the morning while my girlfriend is sleeping ;)

There's of course also the option of getting a bigger flat with one more room or to rent a room in a studio, but both are pretty unlikely for a poor student like me :)

Thanks for the help again though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...