Deep house demo

I know this isn't usually the forum for this kind of music, but I've made a laidback deep house demo, and some feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Here's the first 3½ minutes. Thanks in advance

http://soundcloud.com/pr0fane/afterglow-4

http://www.zshare.net/audio/64065594ffe46e3c/

Hey Profane,

first a comment on the file. If you ever send something it is good to label it well. Make sure you name and the trackname are there and preferably some contact info in the extra mp3 info. And not just the genre "blues" ;)

ok on to the track (listened on crappy pc speakers):

kick sounds good, nice and punchy but not overly punchy. The beginning almost has a dubby feel to it. Dubtechnoish. When the bass comes in I have a feeling it could be a little more pronounced. Maybe put the (LP?) filter a little higher or at adjust the levels a little to make sure it a little more present. Or eq some of the other sounds. The pads and fxs are a little high in volume here so maybe just lower them a bit.

Otherwise the soundquality is pretty good. And i really like the sound coming in at 3.16 Maybe give that some more presence.

I do have the idea we are still busy with the intro when the track finishes. So try to finish the track and give it some action =)

Maybe add some highpass filtered sounds soft in the background that have delays on them. Reverbs enough ;)

Would like to hear the full version.

Nice track so far!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...