Loud - Abstract

PLURR

Posted Image

This is the first album by Loud (the Israeli project made up of Kobi Toledano and Eitan Reiter) that I have listened to entirely.

The album provides an original sound with each track providing its own unexpected twists and turns. You can clearly hear that these two are not afraid to experiment with their music and the result is interesting and even excellent at certain points.

Loose Senses:

Excellent choice for a track name, it's impossible to predict where the music will go next. Starts out melodic and calm, builds up and gains pace and eventually brings in draker elements. This while throughout the track the sound of a Marimba instrument (at least that's how recognised it) is played.

Machines 2008:

Start out with a strong and constant beat and as the track continues more sounds are added layers upon layers, including those of work tools, the result is mesmorising.

Downunder:

Unlike the rest of the album this track has a more less non stop rhythm, rather ambient.

Abstract:

Also a fitting name like the one of the first track, an always changing pace and rhythm... very hard to define but the result is still great.

Next (Album Edit):

Starts out quite melodic continues with a steady pace and beat, eventually speeds up and in the end relapses and fades to a close.

Tough Kid:

This track is a sonic journey, the way they blended different sounds and beats... a melting pot which combines funky vibes with draker psytrance elements.

Hiss:

A colorful track with a steady pace, don't know why but I had Infected Mushroom deja vu when I listened to it.

The Edge (Album Edit):

Melodic and calm with speedy intervals that keep you alert.

Disorientated (Sabotage Edit):

Again melodic and ambient fused with faster paced intervals.

I can only conclude that Loud have a unique sound, though you do notice I.M influences, and can be described as a freeform psytrance project. This is music I'd enjoy listening to (and I did) the case is less so if I wished to dance to it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found their previous release "Some Kind of Creativity" much better.

Yes, me too. Abstract seem to be kinda rushed, which is a shame since these guys have huge talent imo. However, Abstract is still very fresh compared to the rest of the full on released these days.