Psytrance and countries

Ormion

MattMan's thread about psy artists in US made me think of something.

Who strange it is that some countries are very active in the scene while others not that much.

And I don't even have to go as far as the US.

Let's take Europe for example.

Portugal has many-many psy artists. It has a strong full on psy scene with a characteristic sound. At the same time Spain which has way more population have only one-two maybe known psy artists. tbh only Psycho Abstract pops in my mind right now. (And I don't mean artists who moved to Ibiza).

Another example. Hungary has developed a strong psy scene too. Especially in the darkpsy field. Czech Republic has only Gappeq.

And what about Scandinavia? Sweden: dozens of artists, Finland: dozens of artists, Denmark: dozens of artists, Norway: :unsure: (I only know 1-2 acts).

Or Italy. One of the biggest european countries and besides Etnica and Lotus Omega how many other Italian artists do you know?

Also, why there aren't many artists from Ireland, Belgium (which has a big Goa core), or Balkan countries?

What do you think it's the main factor here?

Why? Who knows....My thought always was that the music surpasses physical boundaries...I mean: Portugal has a strong full-on scene, maybe inspired by rhe annual psytrance highlight "Boom"?....Spain has Painkiller and Nutek Records....besides there's something like an Iberian culture (which embraces Spanish as wel as Portugese elements of culture....)....

Hungary has a strong dark psy field? ....because of the annual dark psy festival? Because of Para Halu?......Czech Republic has Tribal Vision Records....a strong progressive label.....Central Europa has a good mixture then...

Scandinavia has everything....Iboga Records, Spiral Trax and Digital Structures......Koxbox to Atmos to Battle of the Future Buddhas to Filteria to Ra...

Italy....whel besides Etnica / Pleiedians....Massimo Vivona.....Lotus Omega....the Sonica Festival....

Belgium....Suntrip Records....

...psytrance surpasses boundaries......