Lost Season 5 is finally here!

Lemmiwinks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already watched the first two episodes and tomorrow I'll have the third! :posford: :posford: :posford: :D:D:D :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Lost=Reason to stay alive

And plz!!! No spoilers!!!!! :D

I stopped watching after they went on that boat and found that black guy again.

Can anyone tell me in a few sentences what has happened since?

Are they having polar bear burgers yet?

There's a recap video somewhere that explains everything that has happened very fast but you'll be totally 100% truly lost unless you actually watch everything you havn't yet seen up until this point.

I'm finding it hard to say anything about the new episodes that isn't spoiler-ish tbh...

Except they make me very happy :unsure:

Btw, has anyone read PK Dick's book, I forget the name, where the protagonist goes crazy due to ZEBRA and the pink light that beams down and feeds him information? Ben was reading the book in season four and I keep thinking back to that point and imagining it to reasonably important. Especially with the recent time developments. If anyone has read and understands it then it'd be interesting to see their take. I read the book so long ago that it's plotline is only a very vague memory these days.

I stopped watching after they went on that boat and found that black guy again.

Can anyone tell me in a few sentences what has happened since?

Are they having polar bear burgers yet?

the recap is... THEY LEFT THE ISLAND!!! Who was expecting that? Personally I also got a bit tired of it when it seemed that every season closer would be a failed attempt to leave the island. But this time they actually managed. I won't say more, not to spoil it for everyone. I'll just add this:

Posted Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what I want to know is... is Sayd with or against Benjamin???

I think it's a bit of a mix. He's too far in there, not able to get out anymore but doesn't trust Ben enough to take orders from him any longer. In my mind he's become a bit of a wildcard. If Ben wants to use him now he'll have to you his friend's leverage. What about Sun though? What's going on there? Surely she has enough resentment towards Widmore as well for her to be playing him here. It's his fault after all that the Frieghter and explosives existed at all

Btw, has anyone read PK Dick's book, I forget the name, where the protagonist goes crazy due to ZEBRA and the pink light that beams down and feeds him information? Ben was reading the book in season four and I keep thinking back to that point and imagining it to reasonably important. Especially with the recent time developments. If anyone has read and understands it then it'd be interesting to see their take. I read the book so long ago that it's plotline is only a very vague memory these days.

VALIS

It's an excellent book. There were sequels to it, but they weren't quite as good. I think I remember seeing someone reading VALIS in the show, but I don't remember it being Ben.

VALIS

It's an excellent book. There were sequels to it, but they weren't quite as good. I think I remember seeing someone reading VALIS in the show, but I don't remember it being Ben.

Yeah VALIS :)

It was when Locke has Ben locked locked up in the cellar of the encampment. He gives him the book to read so he has something to do and he says he'd already read it. It was interesting because it was the same episode where you find out about Daniel's experiment with the mouse in which he fires down a pink beam that effectively dislodges it in time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if you guys been keeping up with watching it, then you'll know that Sayd is kinda off by himself now. He's done with Ben since you probably know that Ben likes to twist circumstances to his benefit. He so lied to Sun and showed her Jin's wedding ring when he probably knew that Locke was coming back to tell her that Jin "died" (as Locke promised Jin he said he would tell her).

Man, this show is making my head spin. What I want to know is why do they have such a little time frame to ge back to the island? Well, technically they had 3 or so years to get back before whatever bad stuff is going to happen (probably everyone dies on the island or something? I don't know).

Also, why does Ben want to take Aaron away from Kate? I mean, what's the point? It's not her son, but he doesn't even know where Claire is anyway, even if she's alive at all. Last time we saw Claire was in that cabin with Jack's dad, Christian. And that is another whole can of worms (i.e. what the hell is going on?) right there.

This show is great. Even though now it's like rediciulously crazy with the time jumping and all that shit.

Man, this show is making my head spin. What I want to know is why do they have such a little time frame to ge back to the island?

oh that's easy... setting a ridiculously short time frame to do something is one of the golden rules of keeping tension in a suspense movie/ series. It was used by Star Trek to perfection back in the days (I don't think there was a SINGLE episode where they didn't have to get something done in a limited timeframe), and the formula has been used and abused ever since ;)

Also, why does Ben want to take Aaron away from Kate? I mean, what's the point? It's not her son, but he doesn't even know where Claire is anyway, even if she's alive at all. Last time we saw Claire was in that cabin with Jack's dad, Christian. And that is another whole can of worms (i.e. what the hell is going on?) right there.

This show is great. Even though now it's like rediciulously crazy with the time jumping and all that shit.

Who says Ben doesn't know where Claire is? He already knows that Christian and Jacob are the same person ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Wowwww I can't wait for an egyptian themed episode. Did you guys notice the signs to egyptian culture in the episode? (I did not but later on I read about em)

There was the necklace

The statue

Alpert looks a bit like egyptian heritage

Then there's the symbols in the hatch and on the door that ben used to lure smokey to kill the freighters

and I'm sure there's more.

holy jebus

Wait... Christian and Jacob are the same person? I was pretty sure Ben was taking orders from Jacob long before Christian's body ever came to the island...

The way I see it "Jacob" manifests himself in whatever form he wants. Now why does he apear as Christian most of the time... your guess is as good as mine ;)

Wowwww I can't wait for an egyptian themed episode. Did you guys notice the signs to egyptian culture in the episode? (I did not but later on I read about em)

There was the necklace

The statue

Alpert looks a bit like egyptian heritage

Then there's the symbols in the hatch and on the door that ben used to lure smokey to kill the freighters

and I'm sure there's more.

holy jebus

wait wait I haven't seen this week's yet!!!

• 4 weeks later...

^Sorry bout that. I personally never read anything lost related before I watch a new episode (Not even forum threads or anything like that).

With that said

Spoiler

SAYID KILLED BEN!??!!=!=!=?!?!?!?!??#i044igkmi3mflwfjiwg9 This season is going to places...

hmm well actually it's all getting a little too hectic for me... I'm getting more and more the feeling that the show producers are desperate to get better audience ratings so they just throw around one shocking idea after the other. The way things are going now, they'll need like 5 more seasons just to untangle the plot, and I don't really like the way they always raise new questions and leave the already existing unanswered ones hanging around (smoke monster anyone? lol)

But I'm still hooked so I guess I'll watch it till the end anyway :)

hmm well actually it's all getting a little too hectic for me... I'm getting more and more the feeling that the show producers are desperate to get better audience ratings so they just throw around one shocking idea after the other. The way things are going now, they'll need like 5 more seasons just to untangle the plot, and I don't really like the way they always raise new questions and leave the already existing unanswered ones hanging around (smoke monster anyone? lol)

But I'm still hooked so I guess I'll watch it till the end anyway :)

What? :blink:

The time games they introduced in the fifth season not only they don't make the plot more confusing, but they give finally some answers.

The writers of the show are pure genius.

And something that most ppl are not aware of.

The final plot is already written! They don't make things up. Maybe they add some things, but the overall story is finished almost two years now.

Lindelof has said it. ;)

What? :blink:

The time games they introduced in the fifth season not only they don't make the plot more confusing, but they give finally some answers.

ok mr Einstein then explain this: how can one group of plane survivors be in one timespace and the other group in another? And how can Ben be alive "now" when he was killed in 1977? And, for the time-shifts to stop didn't they ALL have to return to the island? Not to mention that Richard Alpert's carachter doesn't make any sense at ALL since he's apparently immortal but doesn't seem to know more than Ben? It just doesn't make any sense anymore...

ok mr Einstein then explain this: how can one group of plane survivors be in one timespace and the other group in another? And how can Ben be alive "now" when he was killed in 1977? And, for the time-shifts to stop didn't they ALL have to return to the island? Not to mention that Richard Alpert's carachter doesn't make any sense at ALL since he's apparently immortal but doesn't seem to know more than Ben? It just doesn't make any sense anymore...

Go some seasons back and remember how many things didn't make sense back then, but now they have already been explained.

Be patient and everything will be explained. Don't forget that we have one more full season. ;)